• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bear chases ski instructor

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Eh...probably wouldn't even be in the top 10 for worst situations encountered by most ski instructors :ROFLMAO:

I'd rather deal with a bear chasing me than have a lesson of 7 4yo's who've never skied before.

Domeskier

That was one persistent bear. Can’t tell if it was being aggressive or just playing with a new buddy.

ne_skier

Eh...probably wouldn't even be in the top 10 for worst situations encountered by most ski instructors :ROFLMAO:

I'd rather deal with a bear chasing me than have a lesson of 7 4yo's who've never skied before.
I recently saw a small kid get on the lift with her instructor and promptly have her ski fall off because the back part of the binding happened to rip right out of the ski. She didn’t seem very overjoyed

keyser soze

That's nuts, and yeah the bear looked like he was playful, but I would not want to find out.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
I recently saw a small kid get on the lift with her instructor and promptly have her ski fall off because the back part of the binding happened to rip right out of the ski. She didn’t seem very overjoyed

The first lift ride of the first day I was an instructor the instructor in front of me on the chairlift had his ski snap in half getting on the chair as he accidently dug the tip into a snow pile immediately after loading. Should've been an omen!