• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bear Creek Pa. 1/26/14

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
Finnished snow removal of 4'' fresh powder my driveway 11:30 am, Checked web cam ....No Lines??? Refresh , Yup no lines.
Pulling into resort found upper lot packed?? Drove past and down to 4th row in main lot.Walked over and checked lift lines.
5 people in line?Ok ?
first run was on Extreme...icey with dust that turned into powder lower down. next run Grizzley not bad, next run Sasquatch, Quite an impressive Cornice at the top also noticed they blew a massive amount of snow to correct a double fall line , leaving a crown of snow on skiers right , Cool! did a alternating crossover getting a little air with each turn all they way down . Grizzly had a few bumps interupted by a snowmaker whale,
The crowds were on on teddy Bear and Drifter, Mellow blue squares, The unloading area reminded me of a scene from Walking Dead, tough day to be a novice , only witnessed one collision.
anything with a blue square was PP and the steeps were not bad except for Extreme.
All in all a good day at a local mellow place

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I've never skied PA. Sounds nice. Mellow local places are always fun for a more relaxing kinda day. Thanks for sharing!

Rowsdower

I remember the crowds being intense there ten or so years ago. I hadn't been in over five years until this year and it seems much emptier now. That said, if you're in the Philly metro its a convenient place to get some turns in.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
I rode the lift with a few local regular 16 something kids and they said the same thing ,last few years crowds have been down.
I live witin a few miles but have'nt been there for a while, The lodge is awesome and food great. Went on a whim after checking the web cam.