• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Berkshire East 2/27/16

medfordmike

Made my first trip of the season (have been there several times in the past) to Berkshire East. I really like the place and hoped to hit it when the glades would be open but decided the likelihood of that still happening is low. Beautiful day all
around, comfortable temps, and blue skies with just enough wind for the turbine to spin.

I was not sure what to expect given the wet weather during the week but they recovered nicely. They even made snow on Friday to freshen everything up. While their base is not super deep on some trails coverage was very good with some random but easily avoidable ice patches. I didn't see any bare spots, brown snow, or grass poking through. Berkshire has really stepped up their snowmaking over the past few years and you can really tell after a season like this.

Lift lines were short but the place was not dead. Patrol had their annual BBQ on the summit which was nice. I love Berkshire so I am biased but really a good day at a nice place.

Top of Flying Cloud, coverage was better than it looked in this photo.
IMG_0552.jpg
Base area was sunny but still good coverage.
IMG_0553.jpg
IMG_0554.jpg
Patrol BBQ
IMG_0555.jpg
Hemlock
IMG_0558.jpg

The Sneak

Nice!
Just left there...warm spring day there today.

Fun was had

cfabf6693a86f380f7a9fdf66c584588.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsup948

Did runs with both my kids on and off throughout the day. Skiing was very good. Fresh man-made really improved conditions. Comp and Chief have a ton of base but some of the others will really thin out after Mondays warmth. I would think they will go to weekends only pretty soon to preserve what they have. Who knows though? Berkshire East always surprises me these days.