• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best Eastern Townships mountain for newer skiers

VTKilarney

My wife and children are still in the learning stages. They prefer green trails with the occasional blue thrown in. We have plans on being in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, and I was wondering which of the mountains in that area would be best for less-advanced skiers. My understanding is that Orford is pretty steep. Owl's head looks similar.

gmcunni

My wife and children are still in the learning stages. They prefer green trails with the occasional blue thrown in. We have plans on being in the Eastern Townships of Quebec, and I was wondering which of the mountains in that area would be best for less-advanced skiers. My understanding is that Orford is pretty steep. Owl's head looks similar.

orford was my favorite out of sutton, bromont and orford. there are some mellow slopes there, looking up the mountain to the right if i recall correctly.

kingdom-tele

can't tell you about any others for kids, but we go to Owl's Head with our family, the lift below the lodge is long, wide, mellow, its is essentially the condo access run, comparable to lower mt burke, just straighter and longer. there are easy blue runs off the summit too

VTKilarney

Thanks for the tip. I just picked up Owl's Head lift tickets for Saturday on Liftopia. They were $25 for adults and $15 for kids, so it seemed like a no-brainer.

dlague

I have skied all of the mountains in the eastern townships! Owl's Head is by far the best due to the lower mountain area with wide slopes! Orford is pretty good but more crowded due to the Sherbrooke proximity. Bromont gets busy due to Montreal. Sutton is a great glade mountain but not so much for learning.

VTKilarney

It looks like Lilly's Leap is a fairly easy blue run from the summit, correct?

dlague

It is fairly easy but does have one steeper section relative to beginners. It is also narrow in spots which can be problematic based on the traffic on that trail. Nice views!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone