• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best route to Sugarloaf from VT

mlctvt

I'm heading to Sugarloaf with some friends but I've got to stop in Southern VT to pick up my gear from my condo. What's the best route over from Vermont Route 2 or Route 16? Some programs use Route 16 the whole way and some come over on Route 2 then north. I've never been to the Loaf. Any pointers would be appreciated.

Angus

I think there was a similar questioned asked last year. I've never done 16 but expect you'll have a couple of chipped teeth and need a new suspension by the time you arrive in Carrabassett Valley if you take it. route 2 is a good road.

mlctvt

I would recommend route 2 to Farmington and up 27. Good roads - a few extra miles but are really back-woodsing it via 16.

Google maps/ Mapquest says it's only 4 minutes longer going Route 2 plus it's actually .7 miles shorter than 16. I'll take your suggestion.
Thanks

Last edited: