• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Best way to get pictures from your phone/camera to the web (think live trip reports)?

Live picture snow reports? Maybe in the year 2010... powder pics -> web?

• I just use my phone for talking to people.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rocojerry

1. I can send an email with picture attached from my phone.
2. I have an iphone, theres probably an app for that.
3. I can browse AZ and upload a picture using the website from my phone.
4. I can upload a picture to facebook.
5. I use a flickr app on my phone.
6. I just use my phone for talking to people.
7. I take digital shots, get home sync with computer, and upload them to AZ.
8. I sent away my film in the mail and am waiting for it to be developed.

wa-loaf

I can upload to facebook and hotlink the photo over to AZ if I want to do it quick from my phone. Otherwise get home to computer and upload direct to AZ.

bvibert

Staff member
I don't have internet on my phone (I'm too poor to pay for it). I'll either send a picture message to someone and let them post it, or I can upload it to Facebook (but then only my facebook friends see it).

severine

Website
poetinthepantry.com
Upload to FB from the phone. If I think it's worthy, I can later link to it when I get home. No internet on my phone but I can text, hence the photos to FB.

ETA: I have also sent them to B to post.

Last edited:

flatfooted

phone 2 forum (google it) worked for me on another forum. Service was free at the time. I may give it a try here in the future.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
None of the above. I can surf AZ from my Blackberry, but there's no way to attach a picture using the mobile view. Mobile AZ just needs a link to read the memory card off the smartphones.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Easy if I post to my blog:

Click one - snap a phone pic.
Click two - hit blackberry button.
Click three - hit send pic as MMS.
Click four - choose my blog in contact list.
Click five - send.

Could do it to the forum, but that's a lot more work with mittens and gear and skiing to be done.

Glenn

None of the above. I can surf AZ from my Blackberry, but there's no way to attach a picture using the mobile view. Mobile AZ just needs a link to read the memory card off the smartphones.

Thanks Root. You saved me from zipping over here on my phone. I was pretty sure there wasn't a way to attach pics via the mobile site...but you just confirmed that. :cool:

I wonder how long it would take to upload a pic from a BB or other phone? While my BB doesn't take DSL quality / file size pics, the pics are pretty large. It would be cool if when uploading via the mobile site, the software would resize to something like 400x600.

drjeff

Blackberry to facebook is probably the quickest way for me - kind of a teaser. Then later I'll usually just offload the pics from which ever camera I brought with me that day to the laptop and then upload to AZ

o3jeff

I don't have internet on my phone (I'm too poor to pay for it). I'll either send a picture message to someone and let them post it, or I can upload it to Facebook (but then only my facebook friends see it).

That's what I did last year, emailed them to Greg or I think Brian too and let them post them.:-D

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Thanks Root. You saved me from zipping over here on my phone. I was pretty sure there wasn't a way to attach pics via the mobile site...but you just confirmed that. :cool:

I wonder how long it would take to upload a pic from a BB or other phone? While my BB doesn't take DSL quality / file size pics, the pics are pretty large. It would be cool if when uploading via the mobile site, the software would resize to something like 400x600.
Mine are only around 800K. That shouldn't take too long to upload.

I use a Blackberry app called iTookThisOnMyPhone.com which gives me the option to send my BB pics to Facebook, Photobucket, Flickr, etc... Once I take a pic, a 2nd menu appears asking me to caption the pic & what folder I want it to go to.

Getting the BB code to post is a pain still. I guess a good plan get "live photo reports" going would be if someone sees that a member puts up a pic on Facebook, then they can share it with the facebook fan page for AZ (or even post it directly).

I tried to do get a running "live reports" thread going last season, but it didn't really take off like I thought it would.

Glenn

Mine are only around 800K. That shouldn't take too long to upload.

I use a Blackberry app called iTookThisOnMyPhone.com which gives me the option to send my BB pics to Facebook, Photobucket, Flickr, etc... Once I take a pic, a 2nd menu appears asking me to caption the pic & what folder I want it to go to.

Getting the BB code to post is a pain still. I guess a good plan get "live photo reports" going would be if someone sees that a member puts up a pic on Facebook, then they can share it with the facebook fan page for AZ (or even post it directly).

I tried to do get a running "live reports" thread going last season, but it didn't really take off like I thought it would.

Cool. Loading to photobucket is certainly an option.

I thought about doing the live TR myself. We'll see how much time I have at lunch this season. I hardly had time to respond to my BB messenger at lunch last year....let alone get on the web and post.

Greg

Staff member
110 cameras sucked. Disc was where it was at!

drjeff

110 cameras sucked. Disc was where it was at!

What a cave to peer pressure going with the disc :lol: I'm still kicking it total old school with my pop up polariod and peel off pictures!

Polaroid_SX70.gif

:lol: