• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

big jay

fbrissette

My bad habit of thinking others can read my mind.......skinning in from 242, any somewhat obvious routes to the ridge between JP and Big Jay?

Since 99% of skiers coming off Big Jay do not skin up, the answer is no. While it would not be the nicest route, the fastest way skinning up to Big Jay would definitely still be through Jay Peak itself (using ski runs or the Long trail).

56fish

Website
www.borderskirental.com
Since 99% of skiers coming off Big Jay do not skin up, the answer is no. While it would not be the nicest route, the fastest way skinning up to Big Jay would definitely still be through Jay Peak itself (using ski runs or the Long trail).
Thanks, I do appreciate your time taken to reply. Maybe, I 'll ride JP a bit, hike over - ride down - hike out and, have my wife pick me up! Thanks again.

STREETSKIER

I have skinned from the top of242, trail comes out near top of triple .then skin up ski trail to ridge.