• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blizzard bonafide

Brad J

Is anybody currently skiing on these or have tried them? Looking for something with about 100 underfoot and these had good reviews.

I tried a friends out west and I thought that they were easy to turn, had a solid feel, were good at slower speeds as well as higher speeds. I liked them

WoodCore

Great ski! Other than carving tight radius turns this ski does it all with ease.

slatham

I've been thinking of getting Bonafide's too, as an east coast powder ski. Don't want anything too wide, and I use the Volkl RTM 84 for the groomer days. Was going to demo them last year but the Pow didn't cooperate. This year?

jimk

My son in Utah has a pair that I borrowed about six days last winter while skiing with him out there. I liked them a lot. He would usually let me use them on days when he was at work or wanted to ski either his 120mm skis or his 70-something mm carving skis. In other words, I used them on a lot of East Coast type days from firm snow to about 6" of new snow and they were great in all of that. I'm older (62) and not super aggressive, but ski a fair amount of black diamond terrain including glades and bumps. They were great in all of that. They have some liveliness, yet also seem very solid and edgeable on firm groomers. I am 5'10" and 170 and I can't remember what length they were, but pretty sure high 170s cm. My son is strong skier and 6'1".

I've got them on right in this pic from gorgeous packed powder day at Snowbird. Any ski is good on this kind of day:)
LL

Don't be a goof like me and forget to match up the bulls head on the top sheets :-o

Last edited:

Scruffy

Yes. Good all around ski, if not a little on the stiff side. They will hold good on ice, but they are not what I would use as daily driver in the east, but some do- to each their own. I use them out west as a daily driver. When there is lot of powder, rare as it is, even out west, I use a wider ski. I like them in bumps out west as the bumps are softer and more spaced out, generally speaking. However, they did fine last year at Taos in Katrina bowl on icy bumps--it's the only ski I had with, so you make them work. In other words, if you take them to the mountain, east or west, and it's your only option, they'll perform. They are easy to ski, but the better you are the better the ride- they have a big top end for an all mountain ski- in other words, they are hard to over ski them in the conditions they're designed for. Yes, on a real race course - Birds of Prey - you might wish for more ski, but for every day slope conditions and all mountain ski expectations, they do very well.

Phil Pug considers them a gold standard of the 98ish waist all mountain ski - google his review of them at Epic.

elks

Is anybody currently skiing on these or have tried them? Looking for something with about 100 underfoot and these had good reviews.

If you are looking for something with a smaller turn radius, but similar to the Bonafide, the Nordica Enforcer 100 may be one to consider. Arguably, a slightly more versatile ski... Bonafide probably has the edge on firmer snow compared to the Enforcer, which will shine more in softer snow.

JimG.

Staff member

Keith at The Pro at Hunter reps Blizzard and carries or can get any model. Why not go there and demo a pair?