• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue Hill Boston Kids Program

badinfluence

Good morning,

I have a four year old that I want to get into skiing. He has expressed interest and being that we live on cape cod access to snow is limited. I was looking at blue hills in boston since its only 1hr 20 mib drive for us. I noticed they have a midweek kids program with group lessons. Has anyone done this program with there children? Any other recommendations?

We go up north a few times a year but want something more consistent.

Thanks

Jeff

elks

Our kids started at Nashoba Valley (Westford, MA) and Ski Ward (Shrewsbury, MA), which was very convenient and allowed us to get them on the snow weekly, which is probably the most important. I'm sure Blue Hills have a good program that will introduce your child to the sport in small bite sizes. Another option from Cape Cod might be Yawgoo Valley Ski in Rhode Island.

1Kathleen

My nieces did the school vacation week programs there for a few years and had a good experience. They became pretty good skiers. I think that if you can do a mid week program your child will get a lot of personal attention and will do very well.