• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain 12/16..fast snow..empty..

Hey All,

I had a fun two hour session at Blue mountain earlier this evening. Temperatures were around 30 degrees and the snow was essentially bulletproof but in a carvable way. I got way too much speed dropping into a bullet-tuck on the falls into homestretch..then a hard left hand turn back onto the Poconos coldest 6-pack..5 minutes later..back at the top ready for more. I skied Lazy Mile the most..wow was it fast..I skied faster standing up than I did in a tuck this past weekend. Wow the rut was deep on the hard right hand turn..then back to falls-homestretch for a speed fix.

With the damp air and moderate winds..it was pretty chilly and I was a three and a half layer player. I only rode the lift with another person once...with a fellow named Jim who I skied with a bunch last season and rocks a one-piece. He asked how I was doing with vert..and mentioned epic-ski Bruce and how he's out in Western PA skiing Seven Springs. I didn't ski with him because he was with a few of his buddies who were riding a few chairs behind us. I also saw skier112 in the lower park grilling up some steeze. He jumped over the butter box and did a 360 off one of the little booters..mad steezy yo!!!

The drive home sucked hardcore..people in PA can't drive in the snow. People were going uphill 10mph..going uphill in snow speed is your friend..I passed a van in a no passing area which didn't matter because I got stuck behind another vehicle with bald tires slipping sideways..oh well..I gave up 1.5 inches of fresh Pocono Poe to get home safe..lol..I was more concerned about possible freezing rain which looks to be holding off until closer to daybreak..Wow..60 degrees yesterday..high 20s and snowing now..exciting weather!!!!.and totally legit skiing at Blue mountain the true mountain..I hope they get a few good nights of snowmaking for the Holidays..If they can get Paradise open..it will make a world of difference..

I also skied a run on Burma for stoke and to check out the net Melissa skied into on retro day..sorry..my bad..:-?

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
Hey All,

I had a fun two hour session at Blue mountain earlier this evening. Temperatures were around 30 degrees and the snow was essentially bulletproof but in a carvable way. I got way too much speed dropping into a bullet-tuck on the falls into homestretch..then a hard left hand turn back onto the Poconos coldest 6-pack..5 minutes later..back at the top ready for more. I skied Lazy Mile the most..wow was it fast..I skied faster standing up than I did in a tuck this past weekend. Wow the rut was deep on the hard right hand turn..then back to falls-homestretch for a speed fix.

With the damp air and moderate winds..it was pretty chilly and I was a three and a half layer player. I only rode the lift with another person once...with a fellow named Jim who I skied with a bunch last season and rocks a one-piece. He asked how I was doing with vert..and mentioned epic-ski Bruce and how he's out in Western PA skiing Seven Springs. I didn't ski with him because he was with a few of his buddies who were riding a few chairs behind us. I also saw skier112 in the lower park grilling up some steeze. He jumped over the butter box and did a 360 off one of the little booters..mad steezy yo!!!

The drive home sucked hardcore..people in PA can't drive in the snow. People were going uphill 10mph..going uphill in snow speed is your friend..I passed a van in a no passing area which didn't matter because I got stuck behind another vehicle with bald tires slipping sideways..oh well..I gave up 1.5 inches of fresh Pocono Poe to get home safe..lol..I was more concerned about possible freezing rain which looks to be holding off until closer to daybreak..Wow..60 degrees yesterday..high 20s and snowing now..exciting weather!!!!.and totally legit skiing at Blue mountain the true mountain..I hope they get a few good nights of snowmaking for the Holidays..If they can get Paradise open..it will make a world of difference..

I also skied a run on Burma for stoke and to check out the net Melissa skied into on retro day..sorry..my bad..:-?

I didn't realize Burma was even open. I guess I should really look at the webpage every so often. That should help out the crowds a bit this weekend, but having Paradise open would be spectacular. Did you hit Main St at all?

I didn't realize Burma was even open. I guess I should really look at the webpage every so often. That should help out the crowds a bit this weekend, but having Paradise open would be spectacular. Did you hit Main St at all?

I traversed across Main Street on the way to Burma and it was a frozen moonscape so I didn't hit that.The base is still a solid 3 feet but there are a few skeet spots..