• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Blue mountain 2/15...crowded..nice snow

Hey All,

I'm back from a fun afternoon session at Blue mountain. I arrived around 12:50PM and there were tons of cars and busses in the lower lot. I parked out in Kansas by the busses but in reality, it was only about 60 yards farther than where I normally park. It was 41 degrees under a mostly cloudy sky. I was pleasently surprised that the lines for the six-pack weren't crowded..generally from 2 to 10 people in the singles line. They had a lift line organizer out and he did a great job getting six people on a chair and the lift only stopped a few times which is amazing for todays gaperiffic crowd.

Initially the halfpipe and lower park were closed for grooming so everybody was funneled onto homestretch. I started off skieed Challenge and Razors and both were nice with smooth fast snow and a little applesauce. I then saw Matt-Stunt and Big Ben in the liftline and rolled with them for a few park runs. It's good to see Big Ben out there again after his knee injury. Matt and Ben did a sort of train down the first 4 booters in the jump line. I wussed out on the booters and just watched. The big dog booter is about 10 feet longer than before and tons of people were coming up short. Lazy Mile was also really nice but not quite as smooth as challenge and Razors..I was pleasently surprised how empty those two trails were but most people seemed to be skiing Paradise or the Sidewinder park.

The longest I waited in line was 2-3 minutes and one run me, Matt, Ben, and a park crue boarder totally cut the line which was mad steezy..with the permission of the line organizer. As my session progressed it got windier and a little cooler. I stayed for 14 runs to hit my million feet of vert so far this season. I usually celebrate a million feet with a bottle of champagne and KFC but I'm not in the mood for that so I'll take a raincheck on that sometime soon. I left around 3:30PM and the temperature had dropped to 39 degrees and some people were starting to clear out. I'm so happy they have a 6-pack now..with the old challenge double and quad set-up..liftlines would have been 20 minutes long based on how many people were there. I'm looking forward to some empty runs tomorrow morning before all the Tom Dick and Harrys show up. With a hard freeze tonight..I expect really fast conditions.

Time for some beer..

koreshot

Friday afternoon and crowded? Sheeeet, how is tomoorow going to be? Say 8am to Noon time frame? Is the place a zoo by then?

Friday afternoon and crowded? Sheeeet, how is tomoorow going to be? Say 8am to Noon time frame? Is the place a zoo by then?

Well kids had off school today as well as lots of Adults had off today..or just took the day off to jumpstart the Holiday weekend. I imagine that liftlines won't build until 9:00AM or so...the gapers tend to arrive a little later..I'm guessing there will be 50 or so people at the lower lodge ticket check and another 50 or so people at the upper lodge ticket check waiting for opening bell at 7:30AM.,,Those first 12 runs before 9:00AM are so sa weet..and then all the Tom Dick and Harrys clog the place up..I'll probably leave around 10:30AM after 20k+ of vert..It's Presidents weekend..yes it will be a zoo..but with the 6-pack and quad running I don't expect lines to get too bad until late morning..