• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boating 2021

drjeff

Final ride of the season today. Yesterday we wrapped up our Cabana for the winter, today took a final ride then I cleaned up the boat for winter hibernation. The marina is open until November 1st, but with Halloween activities and other plans, this was the weekend to call it. 47 degrees our during our morning run, but a beautiful day.

Shitty weather this summer in NH. One of the rainiest on record. Probably lost 10 days this season due to bad weather. Still got out around 40 days and had a blast.

Time for snow and to ski, but we are so looking forward to getting back on the water again around May 1st, 2022.

Ever give some thought to having a mobile shrink wrap crew shrink wrap your cabana like your boat probably gets before it gets put away for it's Winter "nap"?

deadheadskier

Staff member
Ever give some thought to having a mobile shrink wrap crew shrink wrap your cabana like your boat probably gets before it gets put away for it's Winter "nap"?

So the marina handles all shrinkwrapping in house. I'm wondering if it can be done on the Cabanas. I would think if it could, the marina would jump on that added revenue. And me with two shoulders eventually in the need of surgery would be first in line to tell them to take my money!

Pretty much everyone there manages it like we did with the tarp and Saran wrap

drjeff

So the marina handles all shrinkwrapping in house. I'm wondering if it can be done on the Cabanas. I would think if it could, the marina would jump on that added revenue. And me with two shoulders eventually in the need of surgery would be first in line to tell them to take my money!

Pretty much everyone there manages it like we did with the tarp and Saran wrap

I wonder if it is a logistical thing? Or maybe a "nobody has asked before" thing and the folks that run the marina just might not be thinking a bit outside the box about it?

While in no way, shape or form am I an expert in mobile shrink wrapping, it sure seems that the shape/size of your cabana there isn't crazy different than the shape/size of some the boats that I am sure they shrink wrap before storrage....

deadheadskier

Staff member
Hard to say. But with the amount of bitching and moaning I hear from people wrapping up each fall, I can all but guarantee someone has asked that question. Lol. I'll have to run it by marina ownership in the spring.

rocojerry

Finished off the Cabana construction today. Just a few more furnishings to move in.

Most importantly we got our first ride in of the season on a beautiful 75 degree day on Winnipesaukee

with a cabana like that, who needs a boat? :)

We spent the summer mostly on kayaks and an oday 17ft daysailer II!