• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bode Miller 12/5/09 Downhill

drjeff

That IMHO was a top 3 Bode recovery of all time, and that says a lot! There's so many things that he does on skis that I'm convinced nobody in the world can do, and likely nobody in the future would be able to do either. He's someone you want to watch because you just never know when you're going to see the next one from him!

Rambo

Here is a still photo of the near wipeout:
bode1.jpg

Here are a few more photos.
Nice turns for a high speed downhill race:
bode2.jpg

bode3.jpg

bode4.jpg

thinnmann

Website
skiingbelleayre.blogspot.com
Awesome pics and vid, Rambo. Thanks for pointing that stuff out.

Getting thrown like that would KILL most of us, but Bode recovered!

Who could hold that carve position at slow speeds, let alone at 3 or 4 G's? And he "isn't in shape yet"!

AdironRider

I cant find it right now, but anyone remember when he pretty much did a wallride at 70mph against the safety fence?

Rambo

This footage of Bode's recovery at the 2006 (Olympics Super G) is amazing how he was able to stay upright:

campgottagopee

He killed it---watched it yesterday on the tube

Let's not forget about WF's own homegrown Andrew Weibrecht---think he was 11th in the DH and I believe was the top American in the overall.