• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Boston

SkiDork

Who here that graduated HS in the 70's thinks one of the signature albums was most undoubdtedly Boston's first album?

The thread about Pontiac/Muscle cars got my juices going, remembering installing the tape deck/hooking up the speakers in the garage and then blasting the Boston album as a test run...

This was _late_ 70's BTW...

YMMV..

Dork out

dmc

Bostons first album still stands out as one of the best... imho...

I went through no less then 3 vinyls from when it was released to 1981 when i graduated hs...

Foreplay>Longtime... SICK!!!

mondeo

I graduated HS after the 70s and agree. Every song on that album still gets airtime today. It's the 12th best-selling album of all time.

Don't think there's much argument to be had on this one. :)

SkiDork

yeah - I like to pick benign topics...

Now, remembering the girls in my car while listening to Boston.... Thats certainly NOT benign...

OK - gotta go to the mens room now...

dmc

yeah - I like to pick benign topics...

Now, remembering the girls in my car while listening to Boston.... Thats certainly NOT benign...

OK - gotta go to the mens room now...

Whenever my band plays "cant' you see" - Marshall Tucker Band.. I ALWAYS think about being a kid driving around in my friends old Buick while drinking blackberry brandy.. usually on the way to school...

SkiDork

Whenever my band plays "cant' you see" - Marshall Tucker Band.. I ALWAYS think about being a kid driving around in my friends old Buick while drinking blackberry brandy.. usually on the way to school...

oh man... BBB was THE drink back in the day... Along with Tango...

You rock DMC!!!

dmc

oh man... BBB was THE drink back in the day... Along with Tango...

You rock DMC!!!

As do you my friend... as do you...

Also... SOuthern Comfort... Pretty popular in the late 70's early 80s..

SkiDork

As do you my friend... as do you...

Also... SOuthern Comfort... Pretty popular in the late 70's early 80s..

oh man - you kicked off a memory..

I had a pint bottle of Southen Comfort in the top shelf of my locker in HS. I opened it up and the freakin thing fell out and went ding ding ding down the hallway and then busted wide open. I simply closed my locker and walked away. Left it for the janitors to figure out who's it was... :)

mlctvt

oh man - you kicked off a memory.. :)

+1. I graduated HS in 1980.

Tango, Southern Comfort, blackberry brandy, Oh don't forget Haffenreffer Private Stock! OMG the memories. Remember the Haffenreffer bottle caps?

While listening to Boston, Marshall Tucker, Foghat, Skynyrd, Led Zep , Yes, Jethro Tull.
I think I went to over 15-20 concerts my senior year in HS. I think most tickets were in the $8-$10 range.

dmc

+1. I graduated HS in 1980.

Tango, Southern Comfort, blackberry brandy, Oh don't forget Haffenreffer Private Stock! OMG the memories. Remember the Haffenreffer bottle caps?

While listening to Boston, Marshall Tucker, Foghat, Skynyrd, Led Zep , Yes, Jethro Tull.
I think I went to over 15-20 concerts my senior year in HS. I think most tickets were in the $8-$10 range.

Yes... We'd crawl under my Dads Ford Pinto and disconnect the odometer cable then drive into Manhattan or Long Island to see shows... Get back to jerz and wait for the car to cool down and reconnect it..

Saw so many amazing concerts in HS...

I always mix Boston up with Chicago..you guys lived in the dazed and confused days..8-tracks and daisy dukes..I like the Who..I might start a Who thread..they define a Generation..

Warp Daddy

I'm a helluva lot older than u guys but damn i still LOVE BOSTON. Synard , and a special fav LED ZEP and luv playing their stuff on my axes to this day . My kids were HS grads in the late 80's -- so i'm more than familiar with that vibe

U guys just inspired me--------------- think i'm gonna crank the amps up right now

Dr Skimeister

I personally disliked Boston in their mid-to-late '70's heyday. Tom Scholz, who essentially is the band Boston, represented and brought about the over-produced music that filled the sonic void between early 70's prog rock and then disco. Thank goodness punk came along to put an edge back on music.

That being said, I'm pretty sure I do have the first two (were there even others?) Boston albums in my collection. I find the music more palatable now than I did back then.

SkiDork

I forgot about disconnecting the odometer cable. I was a wiz at that I did it so many times...

deadheadskier

Staff member
I graduated HS after the 70s and agree. Every song on that album still gets airtime today. It's the 12th best-selling album of all time.

Don't think there's much argument to be had on this one. :)

1994 graduate here

You could be a 2008 graduate in Boston and still hold the same belief as the author of this thread. I'm in the city three days a week and their first album is still played like crazy. As a student of music, I would suggest that in addition to Boston, Frampton Comes Alive is another soundtrack to the 70's.

RIP Brad Delp

Johnskiismore

Website
www.skine.net
My sister introduced me to Boston, and I was hooked! I was in HS when 'Third Stage' was released, and was lucky enough to see them at the Worcester Centrum. If I am not mistaking they had something like 20 sold out shows at the WC.