• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Brandon Gap Conditions

VTGuy

Anyone know the status of Brandon Gap area? Got a hut reservation coming up next week and not sure if it’s worth taking off work for a couple days with no snow.

Haven’t been over there yet, but if it’s anything like the Mad River Valley and elsewhere in the state, it’s unskiable (pending potential MLK Storm).

Any intel would be appreciated!

flakeydog

This is Mansfield, not Brandon but I think you get the picture. It’s still early but not the best start for natural cover.

1673326555228.jpeg

DrPeteG

Unless there is a substantial storm, which doesn't look like it will materialize, I would have low expectations for the conditions at Brandon. Woods a Killington are not ready for prime time

eatskisleep

Yikes. Sad because I can actually get a few days off of work next week.

NYDB

yeah there is little snow on the ground with an inch of rain on the way, with maybe a few inches on the back end. so maybe go hiking and explore for future missions but you aren't sliding on snow anytime soon

KustyTheKlown

I drove Brandon gap yesterday and was fucking shocked to see a dude with skis in one of the parking lots towards the top of the gap. One guy tho. And his ski was prob not fun.

cdskier

I drove over the Brandon Gap Sunday afternoon...looked like a few inches of "snow" on the ground in that area...there were a couple cars in the parking lot at the top of the gap, but I just assumed they were hiking/snow-shoeing. No cars in the lots further down the road where you usually see all the skiers. I can't imagine skiing there being even remotely enjoyable at the moment.

Karl Fjeld

Anyone know the status of Brandon Gap area? Got a hut reservation coming up next week and not sure if it’s worth taking off work for a couple days with no snow.

Haven’t been over there yet, but if it’s anything like the Mad River Valley and elsewhere in the state, it’s unskiable (pending potential MLK Storm).

Any intel would be appreciated!
Yes I have been skiing at the Gap this week including today the 19th. The skiing is excellent at the moment, about a foot of powder on a well supported base. I have skied all zones this week and it has been super powder skiing. If you have a hut reservation for this week I would say to go and head up Chittenden brook trail to the Bear Brook and Noname zones you shouldn't be dissapointed. I am one of the trail stewards for the Gap and know it well. Folks driving by on the road really don't have perspective on how the skiing is 1000' above the road. It tends to blow at the Long Trail lot at the very top of the Gap and the snow may look thin there . This is not indicative of the conditions in the glades, which are pretty good right now. Looks like snow tuesday in to wednesday this week should make for an awesome day on Wednesday. Hope you take advantage of it.

Karl Fjeld

I drove over the Brandon Gap Sunday afternoon...looked like a few inches of "snow" on the ground in that area...there were a couple cars in the parking lot at the top of the gap, but I just assumed they were hiking/snow-shoeing. No cars in the lots further down the road where you usually see all the skiers. I can't imagine skiing there being even remotely enjoyable at the moment.
awesome skiing at the Gap Wednesday. The roadside is no indication of how it looks up in the glades.