• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Bretton Woods 3-20

puckoach

Blue Bird Day, until about 2.

Started cool, warmed as day progressed. Ski on, all day. Mostly 2 people on quad, with many empty chairs going up hill. Light crowd. Most, about 10:30 to noon. When older pass holders had departed.

Typical for the area, groomed cord in the am. Sun softening as day progressed.

Great day to be there.

57stevey

Were you in the glades at all? Wondering if they had any base left before this last storm...

puckoach

Sorry, I am not a glade guy, so didn't really look. But, the cover in trees on the sides of the lifts was still there. Non-snow making spots under the lift lines that are exposed to sun, were beginning to show a brown spot or two.

Snow making trails have a lot if cover.

Was there again on Tuesday. Very empty. Conditions great, as it was cloudy and a little cooler. When I left at noon, was still on cords...

puckoach

Was there again yesterday, 3-26.

New snowfall since Tuesday, so better cover than 4 days previous. No visible brown spots.

Arrived in parking lot at 7am. 8 degrees. Was on first "public" chairs at 8am. Was probably in teens by then. Ridged cord, not rock frozen, but hard.

Blue bird day. Warmed as day progressed. Nice cord by 9. Powderish by 11. Just the slightest softness by 1pm, when I think it got to 35 degrees. Not crowded for a weekend. Base lodge lift less than a minute wait, or less. All others ski on.

Over all comment. A lot of snow, on man made trails. A little weather this week, should not put a dent in continued operations.