• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke: March 3, 2008

thetrailboss

Staff member
Date: March 3, 2008

Resort: Burke

Conditions: MG changing to ice.

Weather: Cloudy, cold. Rain and freezing rain showers.

2007-2008 Trip Report #: 41

Trip Report: Back again. Short report because, well, it was an abbreviated day of sorts. Had big expectations to get into the woods and the forecasts could not agree as to what would happen when. So I planned on hitting the east side groomers before jumping into the woods on the short boards.

Warmed up on Powderhorn...and then hit East Bowl. I took a spin down "Carried Away" and hit the Ledges. The race on Warren's Way meant no access to McHarg's. Ledges was getting skied out...the groomed runs were fine.

I also hit Carriage Road to Dipper Doodle. The legs were a bit shot, so I did not get to Boarderline.

At about 11am it began to sprinkle...and the winds picked up quite a bit :x It really came down...freezing on contact. So people came into the lodge looking like glazed donuts. It rained for about an hour...which was enough to destroy things. I did take one spin at about 12:30 down Carriage Road to Powderhorn and it was rough. :(

No real pics...but HERE is the gallery for the weekend. I did not make it into the woods...and it was sad to see our great conditions trashed by an hour of rain...