• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Burke's new Condos

Masskier

I know its harder and harder to find a condo for sale on Burke. If one does come up it is sold within a day or two. It's even getting hard to find a condo rental. Most owners use their condos all winter. So there are very few in the rental pool. I do know that there are a few new condos being built this year.

BMA and the current mangement have done a great job in stabilizing and operating the mountain. What makes Burke so unique and special is that its not a K-mart. Its the way skiing use to be 30 years ago.

Boardguy

Condos

Masskier - I heard they were rumored to be building on the existing foundation at Powderhorn and perhaps a new building at Bearpath. What did you hear?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Is the Mountain doing that or are the owners of the Condos? My recollection was that the condos were no longer owned or managed by the mountain, but by private individuals/realtors.

Boardguy

Condos

You are correct on the existing condos being privately owned. But up above Powderhorn there is a foundation for units that were never built, and I think the mountain owns that foundation and they are going to build those condos. The mountain also has other property. I had heard that there might be units built by Bearpath too but who knows.

Masskier

Well, Construction has started for 4 new slope side Condos at the top of Powderhorn. These are the first Condos to be built in many years, Hopefully they will be ready for this winter.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They also have a great ad in today's Worcster T&G and The Globe. Starting price at $219k.