• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sub-$50 lift ticket possible?

thetrailboss

Staff member
Another crazy idea is if you have a passport or appropriate ID, you can probably head into Southern Quebec and ski some of the MANY areas up there for a nice discount.

Owl's Head is about $48 for a full midweek day, when taking into account the exchange rate and buying in advance online: https://owlshead.com/en/ski-rates/

Sutton is about $65 USD (pretty much any day) if you buy online and ahead of time and I hear that it is a cool place with some nice tree runs: https://montsutton.com/en/?keyword=Ski_Ticket_EN

Mont Orford is $44.00 USD for a full day if you buy online (midweek). https://montorford.com/en-ca/winter/alpine-skiing/daily-tickets-alpine-skiing

All of these options are less than one hour north of the Vermont/Quebec border. Sutton and Owl's Head are a stone's throw from Jay.

Frankly, I kick myself all the time for not trying these areas when I was in Vermont. Owl's Head is seen from Downtown Newport and I've never been.

abc

Another crazy idea
It’s not crazy. But I’m saving those for the weekend that I’ll be up there for the eclipse. :)

But if the “lower 48” gets too warm, I might have to go north of the border.

Have passport (card), will travel.:)

Last edited:

2Planker

Wifey saw a guy selling Epic Comps for $30 at at Attitash Bear Peak Lot on Sat

thetrailboss

Staff member
Wifey saw a guy selling Epic Comps for $30 at at Attitash Bear Peak Lot on Sat
"TELL ME WHO. ONLY SAY HIS NAME AND HIS SOUL SHALL BE HEALED!"

rob_katz_0.jpg

Domeskier

If you think you might want to do more than just a couple days over spring break, it could be worth looking at the Killington Spring Pass. It's good from 3/15 and @ $359 you would only need to use it seven days to get near your target rate. Weekends in late March and April aren't too bad at K and depending on when your semester ends it might still be open then for late season turns on Superstar (with maybe some mountain biking in the afternoons).

2Planker

If you think you might want to do more than just a couple days over spring break, it could be worth looking at the Killington Spring Pass. It's good from 3/15 and @ $359 you would only need to use it seven days to get near your target rate. Weekends in late March and April aren't too bad at K and depending on when your semester ends it might still be open then for late season turns on Superstar (with maybe some mountain biking in the afternoons).
Dont they still throw in Free turns for the rest of this year IF you buy your 24-25 pass in spring 24 ??
We came back from spending winter in BVI's and bought our next years SR pass in march.
I got 35 days of free spring skiing one year

Domeskier

Dont they still throw in Free turns for the rest of this year IF you buy your 24-25 pass in spring 24 ??
We came back from spending winter in BVI's and bought our next years SR pass in march.
Yeah, it seems like most places do that these days. If abc is planning on getting a pass somewhere next year, that's something else to look into (not sure if EPIC/IKON provide that benefit or when it would start, though).

JDMRoma

Tenney is running the if you have another season pass, show it at the window for $20 lift tickets this saturday.
I know it wont help abc but its out there !

letitsnow1

I dont think Killington does that anymore it would cut into spring pass sales. Also according to k zone there not going to be open on Fridays in May, only sat and sun. But it should be a good long spring. it's already deep on superstar and there going to keep making snow as long aweather cooperates.

abc

Good suggestion.

Any other year, I would be jumping all over it. But this isn’t any other year (most other years I would have had a pass). I’m not done taking classes after the semester ends. So don’t think I’ll have a lot of free time to use the pass any more than the few days in March. In fact, I’ll probably be doing homework on the first weekend of the break. So really not expecting a lot of days out of that week.

Then, there’s still the weather wildness to watch out for this weird season. Though I’m sufficiently optimistic that I’ll have some snow to ski on “somewhere”.

I’m more drawn to the idea of checking out a few of those smaller lessor known mountains as part of this “break” week. It’s not all about skiing per usual. It’s more of a “total break” in the sense that I’ll do something quite different than what I’ve been doing to get my brain refreshed. So slow lifts and dilapidated base lodges won’t deter me. (As long as there’s enough snow for the majority of the runs open though - crowd on limited terrain isn’t my idea of relaxation)

Last edited: