• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon 1/23/15

medfordmike

Skied Cannon 9-3 today. 16 degrees at base to start, by the time I left mid 20s. Not much wind and partially cloudy most of the day. Mostly packed powder conditions.

Great day overall with no crowds. Ungroomed trails had good coverage but were a little too firm for my taste. Upper Hardscrabble had large ice patches that were visible from the lift. I didn't see anyone attempt it although it was technically open. A few inches of snow would make a big difference. Groomed trails were great with only a few ice patches near the end of the day. Snow making was in full swing by lunch time on Profile. Snow making was also cranked up on Turnpike. Skiing under the guns in the fresh snow during the last part of the day was nice.

redtram.jpg

morning.jpg

JDMRoma

I was there today, not a single snow flake while I was there......firm was an understatement !
Bailed by 11........not my best day !