• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Los

Did something happen to the Peabody chair today? I just checked the snow report and it looks like Peabody will be closed tomorrow and the tram reopened. (And only 20 trails left - ugh)

JDMRoma

No sounds like you can't make it to the Peabody. And some walking required to get to the tram.
They are closing mid week and re opening next weekend. Doesn't sound good !!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bootladder

I like sliding down the hill, no matter what.

However I only took 1 run from the top today- Upper Ravine to Middle Ravine to Gremlin. Glad I made it safely to the bottom. It was awful and with temps creeping back under freezing tonight, Cannon should be closed tomorrow. It was not pretty.

becca m

Agree - it was not pretty today!!!!! I spent the morning there and was glad i didn't wipe out. Front 5 were choppy ice by the time I got there. Getting off the HSQ was nasty. Highlight for me was Barron's Run. (I drove over there) - it hadn't been skied off mid-morning and was quite edgeable, plus, there were challenges deciding where to turn.... pretty decent riding.

Los

We only skied a couple hours yesterday because my son just wasn't into it, but I didn't think it was too bad. I wish we could have stayed longer. Still, it was kinda sad overall. There were basically 5 trails left that you could run without having to take the shuttle to the tram: Profile, Upper Cannon, Garys, Rocket, and Lower Cannon. There's a decent chance they won't reopen. I was told it depends what the weather does second half of the week...

SIKSKIER

About as bad as I've seen Cannon open imo.The reason they closed the detach was the treacherous condtions of the Links.I've never seen it that bad.Absolutely 100% ice.Scary bad.So they opened the tram and closed that side of the upper mt.

SIKSKIER

With the conditions they opened up with this wekend I'll bet they do open next weekend as it looks wintery most of the week and then cold returning for the weekend.

Cannonball

Time for a pool on whether they re-open next weekend? It's gonna be close. Thursday could be the nail in the coffin. But I'm still feeling like they will go for it regardless.

SIKSKIER

Time for a pool on whether they re-open next weekend? It's gonna be close. Thursday could be the nail in the coffin. But I'm still feeling like they will go for it regardless.

Ya,it looks like another heavy rain event,8 weeks in a row.I'm with you though.Talking to JD on Saturday he is commited to reopening and make it to their 4/10 target.It may just be Eagle Cliff and Zoomer but wth.

Los

I wonder what they have to gain by reopening next weekend. They can already say they made it to April.

In terms of revenue, wouldn't next weekend be a net loss? It was a ghost town yesterday. Can't believe it will be any better next weekend. Again, they've already made it to April - no mean feat for this god forsaken season. What the point of opening next weekend considering it will presumably lose money?

yeggous

If anyone of you Cannon skiers want to be refugees at Wildcat, I'll have several free tickets available on Sunday.

Cannonball

If anyone of you Cannon skiers want to be refugees at Wildcat, I'll have several free tickets available on Sunday.

Great offer! Just watching the weather at this point. Thursday could kill Cannon's weekend hopes. Then the weekend looks pretty up in the air. I'd be happy with some snow or some spring. Looks like we could get either, both, or neither.

dlague

Great offer! Just watching the weather at this point. Thursday could kill Cannon's weekend hopes. Then the weekend looks pretty up in the air. I'd be happy with some snow or some spring. Looks like we could get either, both, or neither.

My week end is looking pretty good in CO.

SIKSKIER

Damn,same scenerio as the last few months.We get a little snow (3-4) to help mix in and repair the iceshow and then the heavy rain comes and spoils it AGAIN!More snow id forecast for WED/Thurs before the downpour.

SIKSKIER

Looks like Cannon will definately open this weekend.They would not be doing this kind of work today if it was a maybe.
The caption on the daily photo was "All out grooming push 4-5-16

Attachments

• cannonallout.jpg
    cannonallout.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 130