• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Puck it

NH is about to be added to MA high risk/quarantine required states...

I became a NH resident in June and left that state as I pissed off at the government in particular Baker. We still have a house in MA fro no where until we figure if we need to travel for work.

Smellytele

NH is about to be added to MA high risk/quarantine required states...

So I guess I won't be skiing at Wawa.
Does this mean if Mass resident come to NH they have to quarantine when they get back or just NH residents have to quarantine if they go to Mass?

bizarrefaith

So I guess I won't be skiing at Wawa.
Does this mean if Mass resident come to NH they have to quarantine when they get back or just NH residents have to quarantine if they go to Mass?
Both, excluding NH-MA commuters and people traveling for essential work. As a MA resident /NH seasonal renter, very glad I inserted a COVID clause in our lease this year.

bizarrefaith

“Secretary of Health and Human Services Marylou Sudders said Wednesday that two neighboring states would be taken out of the "low risk" category.”

So two of VT, ME, NH are about to be added. VT is still to low, it’s going to be NH and ME.

snoseek

Wonder if Cannon will get a lot of refund requests (deadline is the 26th) and what that will do to their budget.
I mean they cut off pass sales super early...

Financially they would be better off as lots of people will likely be willing to buy full price tickets in advanced (midweek deals off the table this year). Less passes mean more ticket sales and I bet the demand is strong.

Puck it

I mean they cut off pass sales super early...

Financially they would be better off as lots of people will likely be willing to buy full price tickets in advanced (midweek deals off the table this year). Less passes mean more ticket sales and I bet the demand is strong.
That could be. So they could estimate season passes on each day.

snoseek

Yeah Cannon will be doing fine. I'm ok with no tram as well. If the snow comes that side of the mtn will be skiing great!

Puck it

Pic from the house. Upper Cannon and Tramway down to Big Rink blown. there was nothing on the front five. I have gone by the lodge to see if lower Peabody slopes were hit.

11_20Cannon.jpg

Los

I picked up our passes today and chatted with the person at the sales office. She told me that they usually sell 4,000 passes and this year have sold 4,800. Needless to say, with 20% more passholders on the mountain it’s going to be noticeably more crowded...

bizarrefaith

Opening day pushed back to at least 12/11...even that seems optimistic given today's weather and this week's forecast.

Smellytele

Well individual tickets were supposed to go on sale this AM but the reserve tickets button didn't go live until around noon, With that said the timer for when they actually go on sale at noon said 12:30 ,at 12:30 it said 1, at 1 1:30 and so on and so on. Now at 4 it shows 4:30...