• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

bizarrefaith

You can't cut over to Gremlin above Peabody, that opening is roped off now - you have to go all the way down and take the left before the drop off to Eagle Cliff.

Smellytele

You have to ski almost to the bottom of Eagle cliff then cut over. The cutover from Lower Cannon to Gremlin is blocked by the park that was built on the left against the trees that separate the 2.

thetrailboss

Staff member
A blast from the past!

Bumpsis

I'm really looking forward to skiing Cannon tomorrow. Tickets bought, skis in the car, masks in the jacket. I just hope that Boston's morning traffic isn't too bad.

xlr8r

I'm headed to Cannon Saturday. Really looking forward to it, its been 7 years or so since I've last been to there. Curious to see what Mittersill is like now with Snowmaking over there. So far this year my skiing has contained to been to MA and Southern NH. Nice to finally go to a proper big mountain this year.

Zand

I can't believe Cannon doesn't have any glades open. Would think if Loon is able to open some, Cannons elevational advantage would allow them to get theirs open, especially the three off the top.

Reactions: Los

bizarrefaith

Lol, just checked the trail report for tomorrow- Bypass says “icy - use caution”. Based on the rosey outlook the mountain report generally has, wondering exactly how bad a trail has to be for it to actually use the word icy.

Bumpsis

Conditions from Friday (1/22): yes, it was icy but so were other trails. But then, nothing new here, typical NE conditions. Hard packed, icy base with clumps of snow all over the place. Overall it was really quite decent but you had be careful. You just had watch where to make your turns and be ready for the edges to wash out. The trails off Zoomer had the most consistent loose snow cover but upper mountain skied well too. No lines.
Natural cover trails are thin so that's why glades are not open - no mystery here.