• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

Granite1

I drove by Cannon after skiing Sunday River. It didn't look like they were making very much snow, nothing on the front five.

BodeMiller1

The front five is part marketing. They mow patterns into the slopes that look like ski...

When Cannon is ready to go they pound the front five. The upper mountain is seldom blown first. One of my buddy's father told me in the 70's Cannon could keep the top open until June. Butt that won't happen anytime soon. Let's face it most people want to be at the beach in June and Killington has the market cornered.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
The front five is part marketing. They mow patterns into the slopes that look like ski...

When Cannon is ready to go they pound the front five. The upper mountain is seldom blown first. One of my buddy's father told me in the 70's Cannon could keep the top open until June. Butt that won't happen anytime soon. Let's face it most people want to be at the beach in June and Killington has the market cornered.
You make some good points sometimes … others are just crazy. Are you saying they mow a zig zag pattern in the grass … for marketing?

BodeMiller1

You make some good points sometimes … others are just crazy. Are you saying they mow a zig zag pattern in the grass … for marketing?
Yes, they do.

Garys is zig zaggy, etc. Yep, hey if you're going to mow something... it's a tourist thing.

Butt, there again I think Killington makes an "S" on Super Star.

snoseek

If I were to guess the zigzag pattern would have something to do with mowing and a steep slope

Smellytele

Lately they have blown upper cannon and Taft before the front five.

Granite1

The Front Five zig-zags.

Attachments

• 08-21-14 072.jpg
    08-21-14 072.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 08-21-14 073.jpg
    08-21-14 073.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 08-21-14 074.jpg
    08-21-14 074.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 31
  • 08-21-14 075.jpg
    08-21-14 075.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 34

BodeMiller1

I often mistake mowing patterns for rolling papers. This often causes confusion on ski slopes and golf...

bigbob

I heard on a chair ride today that Cannon will hopefully receive the RFID cards today for the season passes. Since they have not been able to issue any to date I anticipate a long line to get yours tomorrow when they open.

Granite1

Here is Cannon's advice on their website to their pass holders that have been waiting to ski:

• Consider coming in the afternoon after the morning rush or wait to come midweek

Granite1

Boy thats some serious shit... thats like Vail level customer service🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
They could let everyone on the lift without their pass, spread everyone out between their arrival-during breaks-or when they are leaving. I don't think there would be to many people scamming them, if any?