• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

thetrailboss

Staff member

cdskier

If anyone wants to know what threecy/taxpayersforcannon does, read this thread:

And I’m a big fan of Colbert.

I started reading the "taxpayersforcannon" website yesterday. What a load of biased propaganda... It was just over the top obvious and ridiculous.

Duke61

Happy new year cannon skiers, I'm so sorry my grumpy posts about cannon sparked such angst. I really just want to go in the lodge and leave my bag.....the rest, I'm good, lets go skiing.

KustyTheKlown

Out west they do not allow anyone to use the lodge as their personal shit locker room. It should be like that here too. Your car works fine.

Duke61

Good Morning Mr. Kusty, Did you have a bad night, Perhaps you are describing your own unkempt lodge behavior, because I have never used a lodge as a 'personal shit locker'
You probably have never been to Cannon or you would know it actually gets cold and the wind blows. (gone now) my Mini cooper was a bit tight for strapping on my boots.

KustyTheKlown

I’ve been to cannon plenty of times. I don’t have unkempt lodge behavior because I don’t use lodges. I use my car. I’m not a 7 year old child. Sounds like you are. Eastern skiing’s culture of leaving your crap all over common spaces stinks. Covid removing bags from lodges was a good thing which should stay.

snoseek

Happy new year cannon skiers, I'm so sorry my grumpy posts about cannon sparked such angst. I really just want to go in the lodge and leave my bag.....the rest, I'm good, lets go skiing.
There's cubbys outside you can put your stuff in that are underutilized

Duke61

Cannon is happy to keep your bag inside if you PAY them. Your argument makes sense until you see that 6.5 days a week & two vacation weeks the lodge(s) are a ghost town. Yes some others are doing the same, and my opinion of it is the same, it stinks. It's absurd that a service organization that operates in sub-zero temps would not want you in the lodges expressly built for skiers to warm up/put boots on/eat/store gear.....
I'm skiing with family, maybe at 2pm my father, or my small child or wife are tired and want to sit it out while we ski? Cannon's guidelines say '30 minutes or less' in the lodge. So my family is supposed to go sit in the car while we finish the day on the slopes?

skiur

Cannon is happy to keep your bag inside if you PAY them. Your argument makes sense until you see that 6.5 days a week & two vacation weeks the lodge(s) are a ghost town. Yes some others are doing the same, and my opinion of it is the same, it stinks. It's absurd that a service organization that operates in sub-zero temps would not want you in the lodges expressly built for skiers to warm up/put boots on/eat/store gear.....
I'm skiing with family, maybe at 2pm my father, or my small child or wife are tired and want to sit it out while we ski? Cannon's guidelines say '30 minutes or less' in the lodge. So my family is supposed to go sit in the car while we finish the day on the slopes?

It's currently 30 min or less or was it like that just during covid? If it's still 30 min or less than that is certainly some BS.

KustyTheKlown

lodges expressly built for skiers to warm up/put boots on/eat/store gear

Lodges are expressly built for the two things here that don’t involve leaving your bag in common areas. They are not for storing your gear, or for booting up if you aren’t bringing the bag back to your car.

I highly doubt cannon is kicking anyone out of an empty lodge bc they’ve been sitting for 32 minutes.

On a busy holiday or weekend the rule should be enforced

Duke61

There's cubbys outside you can put your stuff in that are underutilized
Maybe I'm soft but I genuinely wonder you pro 'stay out of lodge' folks have been to cannon much. Through luck or bad luck I've probably skied more than 2000 days at Cannon, 1/2 the time its blowing sideways, rain/snow/ice or whatever else the notch weather can offer. More days than not, I will change clothes, goggles, socks during the day. I come in the lodge because its WARM, I'd like my stuff to be warm and certainly my pb&*J not to freeze.
Like my other post says, I thought the lodge was built for skiers & I personally have not experienced the 'personal shithole locker room situation that others have.

Duke61

It's currently 30 min or less or was it like that just during covid? If it's still 30 min or less than that is certainly some BS.
Check the website! 30 minutes or less. For decades I've seen skiers get cold, bail for the day, have a small child with tantrum, while the rest of the group skiis.....No soup for you Cannon skiers, Mom, grandpa, unruly child stay out of my lodge, you all go home or go to your cars.

Duke61

If you want to use common space for your personal use, pay for it.
You clearly don't know a darn thing about Cannon or me, maybe you ski a bunch of bougie places but you don't know squat about Cannon. How about I meet you there Wednesday and we can chew on these issues and rip it up? DM me? .... I find those with nothing to say always respond with personal attacks.

KustyTheKlown

lol what? You’re challenging me to a fight because I think it’s shitty to leave your bag under a lunch table. Get a grip loonie toons.

All these new member “you don’t know squat about cannon/magic” types are such little cuties.

And again, you miss the point. I don’t pay for lockers because I use my car. That’s the free default. If you want special privileges, pay for them

hardscrabble

Cannon definitely jumped on the capitalist "never let a crisis go to waste" mindset with these lodge rules (as well as eliminating most of their midweek deals and jacking up the price on the remaining one). Which I suppose is their right, as that's the direction the industry is headed, and there are plenty of places doing a lot worse, but still.

I use my car as a lodge but I can sympathize with lodge goers (especially parents that have to herd small children around). There are only so many good parking spots; once those fill up, car-lodge becomes more and more of a PITA the farther away you get. Especially with the way Cannon's weather can be.