• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

dlague

I feel good about this ski off.
Back to Cannon, it would be nice to have a T-bar up to Mittersill from Taft and at the top have a map with trail names and lights to show what's open like at Whistler. Going to have to cut more trails up there.

Just kidding...

Seriously, think they'll ever cut a trail over by Kinsman glade. No blasting, an old narrow trail, but with snowmaking. Something like Hardscrabble. There is plenty of room over there for one trail.

I could see that happening down the road!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

SIKSKIER

I feel good about this ski off.
Back to Cannon, it would be nice to have a T-bar up to Mittersill from Taft and at the top have a map with trail names and lights to show what's open like at Whistler. Going to have to cut more trails up there.

Just kidding...

Seriously, think they'll ever cut a trail over by Kinsman glade. No blasting, an old narrow trail, but with snowmaking. Something like Hardscrabble. There is plenty of room over there for one trail.
Worst idea yet.All going down the 1 trail?No no.There is very little room for more trails there.As far as cutting by Kinsman,Its always been a big no to any more clearing near or past the tram.Kinsman doesnt show from the road.

DoublePlanker

Worst idea yet.All going down the 1 trail?No no.There is very little room for more trails there.As far as cutting by Kinsman,Its always been a big no to any more clearing near or past the tram.Kinsman doesnt show from the road.

Well there is no old man to look at anymore. Might as well install a 5000 foot t-bar to serve a gladed paradise to skier's right of Kinsman.

Make the terminus old school so you have to hike back to get to the tram. Have to go uphill at cannon.

don't put any signs up. just let it be a secret.

Puck it

That was talked about many years ago.They would definately need to do some blasting on some of the ledge in there.If you look on the trail map they do show rock outcroppings in the drawing.
I know along with the gullies.

freeski

Something over in this area. Go off Vista Way and traverse east until you get to a good pitch. Get far enough over so you don't impact Kinsman. There would be 3 long sustained pitches. Hopefully you would have 37% or higher for long distances. I've hiked around in there and it is tough terrain. I know this is not a new idea. When you look at the mountain there are obvious lines in there and it would be one of the steepest trails in the Northeast. If it is ever built I will probably be too old to ski it.

Attachments

• Old Man's Folly.jpg
    Old Man's Folly.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 185

deadheadskier

Staff member
You pretty much drew in Kinsman. What's wrong with what already exists there?

Plenty of trails at Cannon. Leave the trees alone I say.

freeski

There are plenty of trees and hiking trails in the White Mountains. This would be one of the best trails in the NE. It would have a good vertical drop, 1,600 feet or so and much of it would face north. Ski areas can become stale and this could breath more life into Cannon down the road. :)

Smellytele

There are plenty of trees and hiking trails in the White Mountains. This would be one of the best trails in the NE. It would have a good vertical drop, 1,600 feet or so and much of it would face north. Ski areas can become stale and this could breath more life into Cannon down the road. :)

Not going to happen ever

.squirrely.

IMG_0426.jpg
IMG_0430.jpg
As far as I know me and two friends got the first Cannon turns of the season last Sunday, top half of Profile skied pretty well, bottom half was fast grass, and below the cannonball lift was walking. Still was fun, super excited to be skiing Cannon as the home mountain this year.

Tin

giphy.gif

Puck it

The new/old trail names have put up on the trail list page but not added to the map yet. 11 trails and 3 glades

[h=4]Mittersill[/h]
blue.gif
Baron's Run
Closed
black.gif
Cannonball
Closed
black.gif
Lift Line
Closed
blue.gif
North Slope