• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

4aprice

Where is the snow making! I know they have a hard opening. The way things are shaping up back east their 11/15 date might be a squeeze.

JB said this week that we are in for 3 more weeks of warm, then things might start popping. He hinted at maybe some Thanksgiving natural fun. That seems pretty ordinary to me.(talking east here) I'm not one for the WROD anyway. My son tells me Copper will be open the 11th and he'll wait till then. I was hoping for the weekend before Thanksgiving so we shall see.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

xwhaler

Where is the snow making! I know they have a hard opening. The way things are shaping up back east their 11/15 date might be a squeeze.

Cannon opens 11/25 per their site. If they opened earlier I'd definitely be there though!

dlague

Cannon opens 11/25 per their site. If they opened earlier I'd definitely be there though!

Ah! Day after Thanksgiving - thought someone posted 11/15 but would not make a whole lot of sense since that would be a Tuesday. Must have been a typo!

xwhaler

Ah! Day after Thanksgiving - thought someone posted 11/15 but would not make a whole lot of sense since that would be a Tuesday. Must have been a typo!

Yea I can't remember Cannon ever not trying to open the day after Thanksgiving every yr. That's historically been their planned start each yr.

I'm looking forward to USMC toy drive and canned food drive wknds. Typically early December

granite

On the Cannon Website they list a $130,000 warming hut and restroom at the Mittersill side for 2016-2017. Does anyone know where and what this will be like?

dlague

I have seen quite a few postings on FB about people erring their turns! Jay Peak had some nice shots.

.squirrely.

IMG_3384.jpgIMG_3386.jpg
Made some turns on paulies yesterday, did not suck. Solid 3 or 4 inches but the wind spread it around quite a bit, especially above the front 5

Puck it

I emailed JD btw. I asked about the possibility of top to bottom for opening with all the new guns and booster pump. He said if the weather cooperates and the pump is complete, he sees it happening.

SIKSKIER

Is that pipe on Taft up high? What are the two lower sections?
Its hard to see in the size pic I posted but it does show it all the way to the top.I saw a few towers visable from the summit cam when it was clear and facing down Taft the other day.
I put a link to a friends FB page where I got this.Scroll right through the pics about 10 and he has about 5 of the taft pipe construction.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?....470355721453.258652.505366453&type=3&theater