• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Cannon Lover's Thread

SIKSKIER

Just got off the phone with a friend.All he kept saying was "its deep its deep"!About 2 ft now since yesterday morning and still snowing.Unfortuanately,I think its going to be an f-in zoo this weekend.Wish I could get there tomorrow.

Puck it

Unreal today. Best day in over two years for me. Thigh deep in unmarked glades. Boot to knee deep everywhere else. Upper mountain was terrible visibility. One and done. Everything on the front 5 and glades off above traverse to Tram. Mitty was great also. Knee deep down Taft Training Slope.

eatskisleep

Cannon yesterday was great. Most everything was tracked out but still managed to find a couple hundred vertical feet of a tight untracked chute with boot to knee deep powder. Crowds weren't bad after you got past the line for getting tickets. Tramline and Kinsman were skiing nicely too.

ceo

Friend of mine who typically skis Jackson Hole was up there Saturday for the first time on my recommendation, and reported an epic powder day. I was compelled to remind him that this was an atypical Cannon experience.

witch hobble

Crowded out there today. Windy with clouds moving fast across the summit. Snow cone/mashed potatoes surface. Crazy what a couple warm days and the start of Mass vaca week can do to a place!!!

witch hobble

Also, not sure I've seen it mentioned this year, but I strongly approve of the new contoured Baron's > Raven Ridge connector trail. Got rid of that awkward, terrible luge track t-bone into beginner terrain transition.