• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Careful out there this weekend!!

drjeff

Currently at the rest area on I-91 just South of Brattleboro. I've been making the drive up O-91 from CT to Southern VT for 25yrs, probably totaling 400-450 times.

This afternoon is easily one of the windiest drives I've had!! Big gusts quartering off the drivers front, and lots of blowing snow. You could literally see the cloud the snow is making being blown off the Northern Berkshires and Southern Greens once you cleared the Northampton curves!!

Drive safe and be safe on the slopes if you venture out in the cold!!

Sent from my XT1254 using AlpineZone mobile app

urungus

Went to Berkshire a East yesterday afternoon and the blowing snow was crazy along the Mohawk Trail (route 2) between I-91 and the hill. Couple times I was completely enveloped in whiteout conditions and couldn’t see 5 feet in front of me.

Cornhead

Skied Greek Peak today, made 9 runs with a coffee break after 6. It really wasn't that bad...until I went to my car to drop off my gear before hitting the bar. Holy crap, had my hands exposed for about a minute, couldn't feel my fingers. Wind has a straight shot across the parking lot. Hard to believe it's supposed to be almost 50° on Thursday. It'll feel like 70°.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

Glenn

An oddly quiet ride up Friday evening. Not a lot of traffic for a week where it snowed. Darn temps and wind...

kingslug

Yestetday at thd town of Stowe not too bad. Today on the mountain sunny and cold. Warming the feet. Only one of my brand new milliln dollar heated socks working. More on that when i figure it out. Skied Spruve..now heading to m ax nsfield

Cornhead

Yestetday at thd town of Stowe not too bad. Today on the mountain sunny and cold. Warming the feet. Only one of my brand new milliln dollar heated socks working. More on that when i figure it out. Skied Spruve..now heading to m ax nsfield

Looks like the cold causes Scotty-ese.[emoji12]

Sent from my Moto G (4) using AlpineZone mobile app

gladerider

went to belleayre yesterday. the place felt empty. it was real cold. the gondi didn't run in the morning but they started it around noon. it was nice. skiied from 930-3. was fun. it was one of the coldest days i've skiied in my life.

xlr8r

Went to Sunapee today, purposely arrived late at 10:30 am to avoid the cold morning. Looking at the thermometers at the lift shacks, temps ranged from 5 at the base to -5 at the summit. With the sun out and no wind it was a beautiful day, and the snow was spectacular. Some of the best high speed carving I have ever done, and the glades had excellent coverage. The only cold issue for me was my feet which still are not used to me new boots. Would love to finally see how these boots feel in a day over 20 degrees. Crowd was like a midweek day instead of weekend.