• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Catskills Another 5 Today on top of 12+ Sunday - Its Time to Ski Before Chriistmas

catskills

If you like crowded ski conditions I would wait until after Christmas to go skiing.

If you do NOT like crowds now through Christmas is the best time to ski. Even this weekend will have very few people on the slopes. They will all be Christmas shopping of course.

Mother nature has been very nice to ski areas in December with cold snowmaking weather to put down a nice foundation and recent days 12 to 20 inches of snow in the Catskills. What a great season start. It don't get any better than this.

Abominable

Looking warm and wet for the weekend though.... Saturday morning might be the window of opportunity.

Rowsdower

I was actually going to wait until after the weekend. Friday-Sunday looks like rain and warm temps. I have meetings tomorrow otherwise I'd have taken the day to get in some turns at Camelback or Mountain Creek before the weather broke. Tuesday looks like the earliest I'll be venturing out. Hopefully won't be too icy. I'll still be up the weekend after, regardless of the crowds. Temps look like a good week of snowmaking through Christmas.

SnowRock

I was at Hunter Saturday, Camelback Sunday. Both were great for what they were if that makes any sense. Hoping this torch of a weekend doesn't hurt us too much.

BenedictGomez

Would have gone to the Cats this weekend, but the weather wont cooperate. Stinks that so much of this amazing pre-season snow and cold temps could be wiped out in a 36 hour period of rain and warmth. :(

JimG.

Staff member
This past weekend in the Catskills was epics memories.

Except you missed out on Hunter...hands down the best and most terrain open in the Cats this past weekend, not to mention a foot of fresh Sunday.

St. Bear

Website
twitter.com
Except you missed out on Hunter...hands down the best and most terrain open in the Cats this past weekend, not to mention a foot of fresh Sunday.

$25 lift tickets.
First tracks at Platty anytime you wanted them.

I'm sleeping just fine with my decision.

JimG.

Staff member
$25 lift tickets.

Just guessing you don't get to Hunter much. Plenty of first tracks with a little effort.

And since I'm a passholder it was a no brainer for me too.

But my post for Scotty really referred more to the fact that he missed out on our company. We were looking forward to skiing with him.

ScottySkis

Just guessing you don't get to Hunter much. Plenty of first tracks with a little effort.

And since I'm a passholder it was a no brainer for me too.

But my post for Scotty really referred more to the fact that he missed out on our company. We were looking forward to skiing with him.
I know I was looking foward to taking turns with you guys to.

BenedictGomez

$25 lift tickets.

Just wait until peak ski season Saturdays. There will still be nobody there, you'll still have fresh snow, and there are usually deals you can find on lift tickets.