• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Changes for Rossignol

thetrailboss

Staff member
UN reported that Rossignol is looking to broadening its product line and to pursue more revenue from "soft goods" instead of "hard goods." To that effect, UN cites to this article from last month from Reuters:

http://www.reuters.com/article/rossignol-fashion-idUSL8N13E4BR20151202

UN reports that Rossignol will stop distributing Rossi brand bindings this season (they are made by Look and just branded Rossignol).

This regime is credited with turning around the company in 2010 to profitability.

Thoughts?

VTKilarney

I don't think that the world is screaming for another high end outdoor clothing manufacturer, but I'd be willing to bet that the profit margin on those items is quite high.

This sounds like an admission that other outdoor pursuits are starting to cut into skiing.

Smellytele

I am not a fan of Rossi skis. Seems like their bases are softer than others. The few pairs my family and I have owned seem to have gotten core shots easier than others we have owned. Maybe it was just coincidences but anyway just what I have observed.