• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Consumers win when companies compete

Cannonball

Bretton Woods pulled a surprise move by opening up ahead of everyone in NH, and doing it for free. Then they announce they'll re-open on Saturday with a $19.73 ticket. Suddenly Loon decides to open ahead of schedule, with their earliest opening ever (today 11/8 ). Then Loon announces that they will have $29 for the opening day. Then they announce that they'll keep it at $29 all weekend.

There is obviously some back-and-forth going on here. It's great to see that management at both places are being so flexible and quick to act. Definitely a win for us skiers.

snoseek

I agree 100 percent, The consumer is the biggest winner here. Here's to hoping for a late season showdown in more areas, I think Killington will be the one to step up, hope others follow

thetrailboss

Staff member
Exactly. Folks were joking around about BW and picking on them, but I say choice is good.

ScottySkis

This is great. This weekend will be my earliest ski date since Hunter used open up early like a million years ago.