• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

COVID concerns in the Northeast

drjeff

Dose 2 had an effect on me. I have not been sick in years, never react to meds, etc. luckily it was short lived. Tired the night post vax and felt like crap the morning after but was able to rally and ski that afternoon even though I still felt a bit out of sorts. Totally fine the next day. I’m just happy I am vaccinated (and many others too). Well worth it in my opinion.
I was fortunate enough that with both doses of Moderna I got, all I had was some injection site soreness for a couple of days (actually less with dose 2 than dose 1) and my wife was the same way. My 17yr old daughter just got her 1st Pfizer dose this past Tuesday and had the same, just injection site soreness, thing thus far.

With my office staff of 12 total, the majority were just injection site soreness with both moderna doses. We had 1 staffer, who had had COVID back in mid November, get feverish and just feeling fatigued with both doses for a couple of days. And with the 2nd dose, a few of my hygienists who only had injection site soreness with dose 1, had some mild hot flash/chills thermocycling during the 1st 6-12 hrs after dose 2 that they didn't have after dose 1, however as one of them put it to me, "I'm not sure if they were from the vaccine or my normal peri-menopausal hot flash cycles! :ROFLMAO: "

The vast majority of friends, family members, and patients I have asked how their own vaccination experiences went, and they have involved Moderna, Pfizer, and the J&J vaccines, have overwhelmingly (greater than 2/3rds) been just injection site soreness, and then the others just some generally mild thermocycling or fatigue feelings for 24 hrs or so, and a few (probably less than 10 out of about 200 or so as I recall) feeling quite flu like and just wanting to stay in bed for a couple of days after

jimmywilson69

same here. I do know 2 of my friends got J&J and had 102 fevers for a day and a half. No known previous diagnosis of COVID. They were miserable to the point where they both said if this is going to happen with a booster in the future they might not get it...

BenedictGomez

The wife had her 2nd PFE shot yesterday at 12:40pm. She was fine until she woke up about 3am saying she felt awful & she's been sleeping all day. Ironically that's a good sign, it means the body is reactive to the spike protein.