• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched 3/5/16

dlague

Beyond intersection on Galaxy you also have people flying down from Jupiter's Storm and other woods on the way back to the base. Super Nova is much more secluded. I can see how it could be tough for a snowboarder though. They don't have the option to skate on the real flat areas.

As Carter improves, there a few paths through the woods around Super Nova that I see kids who are not much older than him having fun in. I bet next year he's capable.

There definitely is more traffic on Galaxy for sure as a run out for other more "difficult" trails that feed into it.

dlague

Beyond intersection on Galaxy you also have people flying down from Jupiter's Storm and other woods on the way back to the base. Super Nova is much more secluded. I can see how it could be tough for a snowboarder though. They don't have the option to skate on the real flat areas.

As Carter improves, there a few paths through the woods around Super Nova that I see kids who are not much older than him having fun in. I bet next year he's capable.

There definitely is more traffic on Galaxy for sure as a run out for other more "difficult" trails that feed into it.

Quietman

West lift is now closed, so is Super Nova and Comet Drop(poached it tonight and it was still skiable. Today really took its toll. They lost a lot of snow between last night and tonight. I stand by my sad prediction that this weekend will be the end.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nuts. I had that feeling on Saturday. They just never got to even half the normal base depths.

It appeared last week that Meteor had the deepest base. Maybe they can close midweek next week and push some snow around, but I question the point. The business probably won't be there next week.

xwhaler

West lift is now closed, so is Super Nova and Comet Drop(poached it tonight and it was still skiable. Today really took its toll. They lost a lot of snow between last night and tonight. I stand by my sad prediction that this weekend will be the end.

Grrrr. I had a feeling. Will have to make Galaxy work with the little guy on Sunday

Gforce

Employees outnumbered skiers the last 2 nights, that is the main problem. I still had fun skiing in shorts and the sunset was nice!

I agree with all of this. Yesterday was great, the boiler plate finally softened up by noon. You could see how little snow that had this season. I was surprised more people didn't play hooky from work/school considering how epic of a spring day set-up it was and what the forecast looks like from here on out. The snow pack took a beating by the end of the day, particularly mid mountain on meteor and pluto. grass, rocks, dirt and the occasional Crevice Hazard. Best way down yesterday was moonwalk-galaxy-big dipper. It was fun. Sunburned today.

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
CM was closed today (Thurs. 3/10). I hiked the hill and took a run before the rain arrived. Everything east of Velocity looks to be quite skiable and with a little pushing snow around, it should be just fine for the weekend.

Quietman

It would be really nice to see a good amount of skiers coming out if the do the pond skim this weekend!

deadheadskier

Staff member
I'm heading there tomorrow. Should get there late morning. Take some runs, have a couple beers and say goodbye for the season if this weekend looks like the fat lady singing.

Quietman

I'd be sure to check the conditions report before heading up. It said that they would access conditions in the morning and decide how to proceed. I'm not 100% sure that they will open tomorrow as they may use the day to move snow around to prepare for the weekend. Just saying....