• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Crotched Mountain 1-13-13

Dmiller27

Date(s) Skied: 1-13-13

Resort or Ski Area:Crotched Mountain

Conditions:
Fog and Mash potatoes snow

Trip Report:
I was a little worried on the drive from Boston to the Mtn however, once I finally got up there and started making turns I was pleasantly surprised. It 100% felt like spring skiing today which I love. Crotched is short drive from Boston (Took me 1 1/2 from Southie). The parking is just steps from the front door, and makes it super friendly for somebody trying to get a quick fix in. We never waited in line and we were able to make countless run after run. The only complaint I have about the mountain was that the west lift is super slow and it felt like I was on it for ever. My fiancé and I stopped in the Bar and had a quick beer and some surprisingly good food. The Cornbread that they serve with the chili is out of this world good, they also have a cool Tuckerman's Ravine Ale Glasses that I have never seen before. I have posted some pictures below.

West Lift
20130113_111310_6_bestshot.jpg

Big Dipper
20130113_113847_1_bestshot.jpg

Fog at the Top later in the day
View attachment 7343

Cool Tuckerman's Glass
20130113_123240.jpg

My better half KMOC3
20130113_111326_8_bestshot.jpg

Attachments

• 20130113_115409.jpg
    20130113_115409.jpg
    11.1 KB · Views: 125

xwhaler

Wow---super foggy....the inversion today was amazing....I was in the sun all morning at Waterville....soon as I got on the highway though it was pea soup for the ride home.

Dmiller27

Wow---super foggy....the inversion today was amazing....I was in the sun all morning at Waterville....soon as I got on the highway though it was pea soup for the ride home.
It didn't get too bad until the 2nd half of the day, but after that it's wasn't even worth going back up to the top as it was too foggy to ski safely and have fun in IMO

Dmiller27

The west lift is the only remaining lift from the Old Crotched West. Be easy on her lol!

Hahaah! It was kind of a nice break on the legs we were up and down the mtn so when we needed a rest we hit that lift.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using AlpineZone mobile app

Joshua B

Thanks for the report. They are still showing 100% open for today, and I'll be heading there tomorrow (Tue) after work for night skiing. I figure if anyone will have plenty of snow after this thaw, Crotched will, since the impression is that they make more than most others per acre.

Tin

I was there as well. Could not see 20' in front of you after 3pm and the drive home was pretty scary. Most of the moguls on Pluto's were still skiable and a blast.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Nice report and damn, I want one of those glasses! I think I've seen them before, but they are nice. How did you like the new HSQ?

Dmiller27

sull1102

How was it yesterday? Have a 2-1 good tomorrow and thinking about heading up there after they get a couple inches today.