• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dakar Rally

Cannonball

I had never really paid much attention to this. But I was in Valparaiso, Chile last week and the Dakar Rally happened to be rolling to the finish line while I was there. The RedBull and other teams were coming through town. Holy crap! These vehicles are out of control. And what an intense course.

JDMRoma

I used to watch it when it was on Speed Vision,looks really intense and Fun…would love to be running one of the bikes !
Didn't get to see any of it this year though…….always looked forward to it !

krado

I DVR each recap episode every year it's on! Always root for Robbie Gordon (I've met him, he doesn't come off as very personable) since he's from the US..

Glenn

Back in the day, the SpeedVision coverage was awesome.

JDMRoma

Back in the day, the SpeedVision coverage was awesome.

Loved that channel…don't know what happened to it though ! 2 Wheel tuesday, Water Wednesday…Barrett Jackson Auction and the Dakar rally were some of my favorites !

Glenn

One of my buddies from college interned there. Fox bought them out awhile back and changed the format. I liked the old format too. They used to run a lot of shows from Europe and old stuff from the states. They had good coverage of the Touring Car Series from Europe and their WRC coverage was awesome.

mlctvt

One of my buddies from college interned there. Fox bought them out awhile back and changed the format. I liked the old format too. They used to run a lot of shows from Europe and old stuff from the states. They had good coverage of the Touring Car Series from Europe and their WRC coverage was awesome.

Fox ruins everything they buy!
Like the National Geographic channel that's all reality TV crap now.

JDMRoma

So thats what Happened, to bad it was such a Great channel…..loved all the shows and specials Loved the Drag boats up on the liquid Quarter mile and lake Havasua (sp?) Also remember some Jet boat series that they dug out this nasty maze and filled it with water they went like hell through it….they had to have a navigator in the boat to direct the driver signaling left or right….it was seriously Intense to watch….Yes I miss it !!