• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dead in here today...

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
*poke*

Is the rain depressing everyone so much they don't want to post.

I honor of the rain I hereby start this thread with the purpose of airing one's grievances-

I'll start:

I hate it when you're trying to peel a slightly under-ripe banana and can't get the top started and you end up mushing the top all to hell.

Why can't they just ripen faster?? We have microwaves that reheat food, how has someone not invented a banana ripener?

JimG.

Staff member
Why is it that it always rains alot harder just when I go out to lunch? It's like the clouds are watching me and decide to apply more water as soon as I go outside.

I hate that.

Greg

Staff member
Marc said:
Well, you're down to a measly 7.77 posts per day and thus compounding the problem... :wink:

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
are you kidding me? it's dead in here on the weekends, but i always get home from work with an average of 30-40 new posts to dig through on here. if this is dead, i can't wait to see it hopping! :D

highpeaksdrifter

I think it feels a little dead cause maybe we need some new topic we can really sink our teeth into. Kinda like the legendary 66 degree Denton trail.

IMO you do need a flame war now and then to refresh things.

ctenidae

I am straight itching for a decent, quiet convo on Plame/Rove/etc, since the ones on Fark are awfully noisey. But I won't go there here. I'm excited about it, though, because no matter what side of the aisle you sit on, it's gonna be an amazing show.

Greg

Staff member
I've given up trying to figure out what leads to the forum being very active some days, and rather slow others. On slower days, you can help stimulate activity by either bumping a bunch of threads or starting some new ones. Don't just bump for the sake of bumping, but rather if the discussion still has some potential, or you have something new to add, by all means, bumpety-bump-bump. There are tons of old threads that are bump-worthy. There's sort of a viral effect too it seems. If someone logs on and sees a bunch of active threads, they're more inclined to post as well. Also, to all the lurkers out there, get to postin'! Here's a good place to start.

tirolerpeter

Banana Ripener

There is such a thing as a "Banana Ripener." It can be used for other fruits too. Basically, it is a glass bowel that you up-end over the fruit. Personally, I like my banana on the firm side.

Stephen

Website
www.dunhom.com
Re: Banana Ripener

tirolerpeter said:
Basically, it is a glass bowel that you up-end over the fruit.

Now, I've heard of a stone heart and even an iron stomach. But a glass bowel?

At least it's dishwasher safe... right?

:dunce:

-Stephen

tirolerpeter

Re: Banana Ripener

Stephen said:
tirolerpeter said:
Basically, it is a glass bowel that you up-end over the fruit.

Now, I've heard of a stone heart and even an iron stomach. But a glass bowel?

At least it's dishwasher safe... right?

:dunce:

-Stephen

Even "spell check" would have missed that one!

Marc

Website
www.marcpmc.com
I 'spect one with a glass bowel would have it easy... probably no need for a colonoscopy. :dunce:

I swear some of the people I work with have glass bowels.... as their heads are quite far up there and yet the continue to walk without bumping into things (most of the time).

There, second grievance aired.

Don't want to go over my quota.

Perhaps after all of our grievances have been aired we can move on to the e-feats of strength...

tirolerpeter

Spelling!

Marc said:
I 'spect one with a glass bowel would have it easy... probably no need for a colonoscopy. :dunce:

I swear some of the people I work with have glass bowels.... as their heads are quite far up there and yet the continue to walk without bumping into things (most of the time).

There, second grievance aired.

Don't want to go over my quota.

Perhaps after all of our grievances have been aired we can move on to the e-feats of strength...

Please no more "nasty cracks" about my spelling. I'm very sensitive there!