• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

December 03-04 weekend - where to go after the warm temps?

nkLottery

Struggling to decide where to ski Saturday. Not sure if I'm up for giving Wildcat another shot...might lean toward Killington. Anyplace looking at all optimistic after a rough week of warm temps?

Bostonian

Struggling to decide where to ski Saturday. Not sure if I'm up for giving Wildcat another shot...might lean toward Killington. Anyplace looking at all optimistic after a rough week of warm temps?

Tomorrow I am hitting Mount Snow... I figure beat the crowds and at least get some skiing in and then on Saturday to Gunstock to try to get first chair for the year and see the new mug. With the craptastical weather the last few days, anywhere you go is pretty much a wash - except say for Sugarloaf.

skiMEbike

Sugarloaf reporting 5-8 inches & still snowing with possibility of anoth 3-5 throughout the day....Wooooooohooooo !!

xwhaler

Tomorrow I am hitting Mount Snow... I figure beat the crowds and at least get some skiing in and then on Saturday to Gunstock to try to get first chair for the year and see the new mug. With the craptastical weather the last few days, anywhere you go is pretty much a wash - except say for Sugarloaf.

Is Gunstock actually opening this wknd? Maybe their learning lift (Penny Pitou?) but I can't expect much more if they even open at all

bdfreetuna

Sugarloaf is too far, I'll be at Killington this weekend and likely the next as well. Killington appears to have weathered the storm pretty well anyway.

Jully

Yeah, the 4 hours to SL is not quite something I'm trying to do for early season skiing. I do miss being under 2 hours away...

My plan this weekend is to only go out Sunday, which should hopefully be a bit better. Places like Sunday River and to some extent Bretton Woods typically can recover pretty well. I have reasonable expectations.

cdskier

I'm planning to head up to Sugarbush for Monday or Tuesday (need to start burning my remaining vacation days for the year). Conditions should be improving by then though hopefully.

Bostonian

Is Gunstock actually opening this wknd? Maybe their learning lift (Penny Pitou?) but I can't expect much more if they even open at all

They claim to be opening up on Saturday. They were blowing on smith and gunsmoke... So I feel obligated at least to show up for a few runs. Plus I need to stop by our house up there to get rid of some crushed stones for the driveway. So it's an excuse to get up there!

Jully

Now that the weekend is here, have anyone's plans changed? Was hoping Cannon would be ttb and then I probably would have made my way over there. I may be at Bretton Woods again as I have one more early season ticket to burn and no where else seems worth the money for their early season window rates. Loon is $59 and Wildcat is $49. Anywhere I'm missing?

xwhaler

Now that the weekend is here, have anyone's plans changed? Was hoping Cannon would be ttb and then I probably would have made my way over there. I may be at Bretton Woods again as I have one more early season ticket to burn and no where else seems worth the money for their early season window rates. Loon is $59 and Wildcat is $49. Anywhere I'm missing?

WV is T2B, not sure what their ticket pricing is however. I'll be at Cannon tomorrow with my family

Jully

WV is T2B, not sure what their ticket pricing is however. I'll be at Cannon tomorrow with my family

I'd forgotten about Waterville. Ticket prices weren't listed on their website that I could find. The online shop listed $36 but I suspect that's a reduced price.

The ride and ski card is 2 for 1 on Sundays which could be worth it if they honor that for reduced early season prices. Ill call tomorrow and find out.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!

Killington is jaw-droppingly low price of $90. What a steal.

chuckstah

Loon was really good today. Soft snow top to bottom. A bit chunky on newly opened N Peak, and true spring at the base. Problem is it may freeze there and everywhere tonight. I wouldn't pay $59, but I think its most l
7c26eb4bc51d21f16d02174d5c669623.jpg
1a7c7b7a97d9adf54518d72a0d444f1d.jpg
ikely the best product in NH.
Pics of lower and upper mountain.

Sent from my LGMS345 using AlpineZone mobile app

Zermatt

Stowe is reporting a 2 day total of 16" on the upper mountain. I imagine Jay will report similar. Looks like most areas in VT got more than expected last night. Good to freshen up plus good snowmaking weather all week.

prsboogie

Stowe is reporting a 2 day total of 16" on the upper mountain. I imagine Jay will report similar. Looks like most areas in VT got more than expected last night. Good to freshen up plus good snowmaking weather all week.

Ski club weekend at Stowe if anyone is a member

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Saturday at Hunter morning Condition s not so good. I don't think it cold to make snow here. This morning some death cookies. Sun coming out now so hopefully snow gets better.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

deadheadskier

Staff member
They claim to be opening up on Saturday. They were blowing on smith and gunsmoke... So I feel obligated at least to show up for a few runs. Plus I need to stop by our house up there to get rid of some crushed stones for the driveway. So it's an excuse to get up there!
Did I see on FB you got first chair of the season?

Sent from my XT1565 using AlpineZone mobile app