• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Denim looking pants

legalskier

Used to be people would snicker at someone in jeans on the hill. Now they're all the rage.

vans-x-7-for-all-mankind-snow-pant_hi-res.jpg

What happened?

Tooth

Burton made them for the last olympic snowboard team. If you want to wear jeans on the hill do it but theres no way Im paying $300 for them. I saw a middle aged guy wearing them. Looked like a fool. Sad thing was he thought he was cool. SPORE.

2sons

In the seventies I had a pair of Levis ski bibs with a chest pocket styled after their back pocket.They were made out of synthetic to look like denim. I rocked them, but looking back they were way ugly.

mister moose

Why is it that the people who feel the need to say "Trust me" are the people I have the least confidence in trusting?

Because "Take it to the bank" lost its cachet?

On that note, those people that always say "...And to be honest with you..." - so everything previous was a lie? I never understood that expression.

Eski

you guys got to be kidding right?
I never knew there was a proper dress code for making turns, I give credit to anyone who makes the effort to get out there and could care less about what they are or are not wearing :roll:

Glenn

I don't see many people wearing the jeans pants. I don't think they're as popular as many had thought they'd be.

podunk77

I never knew there was a proper dress code for making turns

I'm with Eski... I always ski in jeans (the $10 Walmart variety), and am always struck by how many comments I get. Wear a pair of sweatpants under them, like I do, and you're fine.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I never knew there was a proper dress code for making turns, I give credit to anyone who makes the effort to get out there and could care less about what they are or are not wearing :roll:

I do find style changes pretty interesting. Like the super low pants. How is that even remotely functional walking, let alone on a ski slope?

Eski

I do find style changes pretty interesting. Like the super low pants. How is that even remotely functional walking, let alone on a ski slope?
the boots keep them from being a tripping issue, although I do get a slight chuckle from the wet arses on the boarders ... common sense is apparently not so common

jaywbigred

I still identify myself as "younger" and will admit I am a tad image conscious: my helmet needs to have space for Buckeye stickers, and my pants best not be black or gray. Otherwise I don't notice most outfits, but I do notice gaper-ish loing folks...which is why I never understood the Burton jean pants. They look too much like jeans, so its hard to tell the true hardcore jean wearing gaper from the (allegedly) hip fashion plate. Nothing like mistaking a $300 pair of Burton's for a $18 pair of Old Navy's! No bang for your buck there...