• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Denim looking pants

2knees

it's still a funny term.

my apologies for interjecting though.

Glenn

spore is a generic term, not just reserved for the guy who uses it on kzone.

S(tupid) P(eople) O(n) R(ental) E(quipment)

ahahahahahahahaha

HA! I like that! Way better than "gaper". :-D

legalskier

Bacause they are all lawyers:p:p:p:flame:

I never say things like that.

I do find style changes pretty interesting. Like the super low pants. How is that even remotely functional walking, let alone on a ski slope?

Good point.
LoJeanSOLENT_468x297.jpg

Last edited:

BenedictGomez

I actually think those Burton jeans-looking GoreTex pants are awesome, whereas actually skiing in real jeans makes you look like a tool.

Last edited:

Eski

I actually think those Burton jeans-looking GoreTex pants are awesome, whereas actually skiing in real jeans makes you look like a tool.
I know a couple of guys that ski in work jeans, they are anything but tools ... again, could care less what someone wears, as long as they're out there giving it a go and having fun

jaywbigred

I agree, the concept of the Burton jeans is cool, but I can't tell the difference, which negates the theoretical awesomeness inherent in the concept, imo.

BenedictGomez

I agree, the concept of the Burton jeans is cool, but I can't tell the difference, which negates the theoretical awesomeness inherent in the concept, imo.

If you're far away I'm sure that's the case, but if you're close to the person, like in a lift line you can definitely tell they're ski pants. I just think it's funny that Burton made a pant of something that people make fun of. They even have faux-frayed bottoms and distressed aspects on them :lol:

Glenn

Ironically, I looked closely at a pair of the Burton jeans this weekend. They're kinda thin...and have on odd feel to them. The best I can tell, the jeans look is "printed" onto the fabric of the pants. However, the pants have a thin, almost trashbag feel to them. I'm sure they hold up fine, but they just felt odd.

drjeff

Agree with the authenticity look from afar. Heck I was even looking at a few pairs they had on the rack in the base lodge ski shop at Mount Snow yesterday and side by side, just as is the case with most pairs of "real" jeans it even appears that there is some slight variance in color between the pairs!

From the lift now, if i'm going to go stereotypical and think that someone is a full on gaper, I find that I have to look and see if they're in rear entry boots and on a skinny pair of 205's before passing judgement ;) whereas it used to just be see the jeans and bam! Gaper label placed! ;) Damn you Burton!!! ;) :lol: :rolleyes: ;)

skiersleft

Ironically, I looked closely at a pair of the Burton jeans this weekend. They're kinda thin...and have on odd feel to them. The best I can tell, the jeans look is "printed" onto the fabric of the pants. However, the pants have a thin, almost trashbag feel to them. I'm sure they hold up fine, but they just felt odd.

They're a shell, so they are not as bulky as insulated pants. They're also completely waterproof, as they use gore tex performance shell. From what I've heard, they hold up very well. The whole point of the pant is that appearances can be deceiving. Oh, and that you can wear it anywhere and people won't be able to tell that they're ski pants.

They're a shell, so they are not as bulky as insulated pants. They're also completely waterproof, as they use gore tex performance shell. From what I've heard, they hold up very well. The whole point of the pant is that appearances can be deceiving. Oh, and that you can wear it anywhere and people won't be able to tell that they're ski pants.

Wow! You seem to know an awful lot about these pants.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub

So you could were these over your ... jeans! :daffy::dunce::spread: