• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you guys think this will be a good replacement car for skiing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KustyTheKlown

its the same damn address you sent to last time. are addresses dynamic and constantly changing? serious question, as i don't use bitcoin. this is a friends account just to hold you to your word.

19kWW868rfNdiK9zRxusmkSAca5tAqD2mn

for the record, tuna did PM me asking for the address again while i was skiing last week. skiing took priority. back in the office and can devote efforts to this silliness.

Not Sure

Website
www.youtube.com
So...what did the CarFax or equivalent report show?

Car Fax only good for "Reported" Accidents , Got a used tracer wagon home and under the flood lights could see the whole passenger side was re painted. Didn't notice it under sunlight ,took it to my mechanic .....Should have done it first.
Turns out someone did a half ass repair .

Dealer took it back ..LOL wanted us to sign a paper saying car was not in an accident. After much go round ended up giving credit for another car .

bdfreetuna

So...what did the CarFax or equivalent report show?

Originally sold and reported as a lemon. Stolen twice. Several accidents, one causing the vehicle to be set completely on fire. Involved in two floods (that seems unusual). The turbo is completely busted. No head gaskets. A hail storm hit it real bad one time and apparently it's been in a junk yard for 3 years. Involved in 2 DUIs due to reckless previous owner. Currently has no title; never been insured. VIN has been scraped off the vehicle and replaced with a fake. Also found out the guy selling it to me is actually in jail for using this vehicle to smuggle a few kilos of cocaine across the Mexican border and smuggled the cell phone he's been using to contact me up his arse. The Mexican drug cartels have for whatever reason decided to restore the vehicle and sell it for cash. Most likely I'll be robbed at gunpoint when I arrive to pick up the vehicle instead.

Just kidding, it's absolutely clean as described by the guy. And also a few thousand under Kelly Blue Book for private party sales.

bdfreetuna

its the same damn address you sent to last time. are addresses dynamic and constantly changing? serious question, as i don't use bitcoin. this is a friends account just to hold you to your word.

19kWW868rfNdiK9zRxusmkSAca5tAqD2mn

for the record, tuna did PM me asking for the address again while i was skiing last week. skiing took priority. back in the office and can devote efforts to this silliness.

You said you were going to generate a new address. Addresses can be dynamic or static, it depends how you use it.

You just got $5.00. Enjoy. For "silliness" that you couldn't be bothered with you sure made a hell of a scene over it.

Last edited:

MadMadWorld

Well shit you make 105K a year and don't have $3.12?? Who the hell manages your bank account? Gary Coleman's parents?

bdfreetuna

Well shit you make 105K a year and don't have $3.12?? Who the hell manages your bank account? Gary Coleman's parents?

As explained previously my BTC is attached to an account I intentionally don't use anymore and have migrated away from. Rarely do I need to make a BTC transaction anyway.

I'm sure everyone else around here is much more able to make a BTC transaction at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty bad with computers and stuff anyway.

Last edited:

Domeskier

As for the 3.whatever second 0-60, same car with same upgrades are all over YouTube doing this. Set the Accessport to "launch" configuration and that's how it's done. When the roads are dry and clear in the spring I'll do some time trials with it on back roads in the hilltowns. Until then feel free to speculate :)

Here's a Youtube video of 2008 GT Spec.B with a Cobb Accessport v2 stage 2. It was posted more than 5 years ago. Driver claims 4.5s with launch control on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcixKElnTE

I speculate that an 8 year old regular GT even will hit mid 5s at best, but that you won't even notice the difference.

hammer

Car Fax only good for "Reported" Accidents , Got a used tracer wagon home and under the flood lights could see the whole passenger side was re painted. Didn't notice it under sunlight ,took it to my mechanic .....Should have done it first.
Turns out someone did a half ass repair .

Dealer took it back ..LOL wanted us to sign a paper saying car was not in an accident. After much go round ended up giving credit for another car .

Hear you but it never hurts to check...doesn't mean the car is set if there are no reports but if there are then I'd be leery. Sometimes you can also tell a few things by the maintenance visits (or not).

MadMadWorld

As explained previously my BTC is attached to an account I intentionally don't use anymore and have migrated away from. Rarely do I need to make a BTC transaction anyway.

I'm sure everyone else around here is much more able to make a BTC transaction at the drop of a hat. I'm pretty bad with computers and stuff anyway.

Why even use bitcoin? That's kind of sketchy I'm not going to lie. Are you just paranoid or do you sell prostitutes and yayo on the deep webs in your spare time?

bdfreetuna

Here's a Youtube video of 2008 GT Spec.B with a Cobb Accessport v2 stage 2. It was posted more than 5 years ago. Driver claims 4.5s with launch control on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRcixKElnTE

I speculate that an 8 year old regular GT even will hit mid 5s at best, but that you won't even notice the difference.

That's one driver. I've seen in the 3-range and read plenty of people getting 3-range. There's a few other factors involved; notably how well you drive the car. I'm not claiming to be the best driver but I've been driving Subaru sticks since I was 15.

We'll see. I could care less if it gets 4.5 vs 3.whatever. I'm using this as a daily driver and vacation-taker. And because it's way more fun and awesome than most cars for such purposes.

I wouldn't doubt a regular GT gets 5.something. This isn't a regular GT.

bdfreetuna

Why even use bitcoin? That's kind of sketchy I'm not going to lie. Are you just paranoid or do you sell prostitutes and yayo on the deep webs in your spare time?

Originally I had a small investment and was playing it like stocks. Having read much about e-currency I checked it out. I have no idea how that is sketchy. Maybe Krusty's friend is a coke dealer. I've heard you can get all kinds of stuff with BTC too. Sounds like fun and a good plan.

bdfreetuna

I'm only planning on taking it out to the back roads for a quarter mile or less sprint once to see how it performs once the roads are dry.

Otherwise it's a great snow car, nicest car I've ever had by far, and I'll enjoy driving it around town and here and there.

I usually take any new car I get and stretch it out on the highway a little but after that I drive like a human being ;)

Edd

Does this thing have a ski pass-thru; just the middle section of the back going down so that two passengers can still fit back there on either side of the skis? Just curious. I think every car should have that, including SUVs. Wish my Forester did.

VTKilarney

The Carfax report has 55 entries. They could be oil changes for all I know. But if I were buying the car you'd be sure that I would know.

But then again I wouldn't buy a cheap New York City car with 108,000 miles on credit.

Tuna, you keep calling good advice "hate". You aren't going to go far in life with that attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.