• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you have kids????

madskier6

Yes. 45 years old. 4 children: aged 16 (Girl), 14, 12, & 10 (all boys). They all ski or board.

(i) Skiers: 16 & 10 yr olds

(ii) Snowboarders: 14 & 12 yr olds

The 14 yr old & 10 yr old boys are the hardcore skiers/riders who usually always ski with me. Kevin (10 yr old) placed second (or 3rd - I can't remember) in the Sundown Bump Contest in the 17 & under age category. He lost to the 17 yr old first place finisher.

The other 2 join me when they're in the mood although my 16 yr old daughter races on her high school race team in Western Mass, usually at Berkshire East. We're not a race family but she has enjoyed it.

My wife joins us skiing whenever we're able to synchronize our schedules.

Last edited:

SkiDork

son John age 11, pretty good B mogul skier, started skiing at age 2 and did 2 years of racing before getting into bumps at age 8

iceman_20071222.jpg

daughter Ally age 7, also started at 2, just finshed 2 years of racing and this year will start bumps too (to follow in her brothers footsteps)

ally_ski2.jpg

Last edited:

ckofer

Website
www.skicheapordie.com
I'll be 45 in 10 days (you still have time to shop). I have a 16 year old son with whom I ski a lot. My daughter, who is a competitive 13-year old gymnast, is a pretty good snowboarder and skier. She prefers to be known as a snowboarder but can smoke most adults on skis.

Now you know.

ccskier

30, married for 5 years, 19 month old son. Will be trying to put the skis on him this year if he is trong enough. He is a big kid for his age, I think he can handle it. Look forward to skiing with him, not looking forward to buying him the gear.

We've got a 3yr old daughter...she's perfect. this winter will be her 3rd on skis...she just got a little charm bracelet today and the first charm she picked was a kitty cat on skis...nearly brought her old man to tears

SkiDork

We've got a 3yr old daughter...she's perfect. this winter will be her 3rd on skis...she just got a little charm bracelet today and the first charm she picked was a kitty cat on skis...nearly brought her old man to tears

3 years old was the optimal age for the leash, I found with my 2. Have fun.

Warp Daddy

Son 38 and daughter 42 they both ski . My Son in law skis but not my daughter in law

4 grandkids: the 2 girls are 8 yrs old , the 2 boys are 13 and 11 ---- ALL ski regularly

Although they live in Manhattan and NW metro Boston regions they ski with grampa and gramma each Christmas week and President's day week -- the highlight of my ski season ..

The older grandson races and is the BEST skier in the family ( kiks my butt regularly :>) ) but his finest sport is baseball

Beetlenut

2 boys, 5 and 10. The 10 year old had three years of ski lessions, into bowling now. Hope to get him back out this winter. The 5 year old starts this year. He can't wait!

drjeff

36 (atleast for the next few weeks). 2 kids - daughter 4 1/2 and son 2 1/2 Both skiers - my daughter had over 60 days last year and my son had about 10 days of some magic carpet time and just getting use to having the boots/skis on the feet.

As my wife(of over 11 years now) and I like to say, since we have a girl and a boy and they don't come in any more varieties, we're done ;) Wasn't necessarily sure how I'd fare with the kid thing at first, now I couldn't begin to imagine what my life would be like without them

powbmps

38, Capricorn.

3 kids. 5, 7 & 9. The oldest has been skiing for a few years. The other two just started.

ComeBackMudPuddles

I have a son who is two and a half and a boy or girl is on the way in T-minus five weeks....

Hoping to get junior out on the slopes this winter. He really took to sledding last winter and, thanks to the Backyardigans, regularly sings the song "I like snow, I like snow".

:snow:

Terry

I'll be 48 in a few weeks. I have a son that is 23 and works at Sunday River and is a very good skier, and a daughter who is 21, is an RN, and is a very good skier as well. I have a granddaughter who is 2 and a half and will be starting to ski this year.

dmc

Not having kids...

So don't involve me in kid threads as I should not have an opinion...
(I'll never let Greg live that down...) :)

dmc

Too bad. Any kid of yours would be sure to have a blast...

i love kids... kids love me...
When I play drums in the Hunter base lodge - there's usually a crowd of kids waiting to play my drums.. 180's kid is actually pretty good...

Sucks my nieces and nephews are growing up...
Just sent 2 snowboards down to my nieces in Jersey...