• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Do you have kids????

Warp Daddy

i love kids... kids love me...
When I play drums in the Hunter base lodge - there's usually a crowd of kids waiting to play my drums.. 180's kid is actually pretty good...

Sucks my nieces and nephews are growing up...
Just sent 2 snowboards down to my nieces in Jersey...

Hey Man : KIDS have luved drummers since RINGO -- u guys are THE pied pipers of our trade !!

dmc

Hey Man : KIDS have luved drummers since RINGO -- u guys are THE pied pipers of our trade !!

yup...

Parents love it when I let their kids play my drums...
But then hate me when they beg for their own drumset...

Dr Skimeister

I have 4 kids...20 and 15 year old daughters, 5 and 4 year old sons. Both girls snowboard. I had my older son out on skis last winter. My younger son will get his chance this winter.

Paul

Nice kid stoke!!!!...

061206_article_nytv.jpg

Why don't you have a seat over there?

061206_article_nytv.jpg

:roll::roll::roll:

Aside from the responsibility of having kids and the time commitment of helping them with their homework and what-not..the money issue $$$$$$ is the biggest deterrent for me...kids are freaking expensive...I don't see being able to give up mad steezy ski trips for kids..when I was a little kid..my Dad hardly played golf..

One thing is that nobody in this thread has said they regret having kids...thanks for all the replys so far..it's definitely interesting..

Beetlenut

:roll::roll::roll:

Aside from the responsibility of having kids and the time commitment of helping them with their homework and what-not..the money issue $$$$$$ is the biggest deterrent for me...kids are freaking expensive...I don't see being able to give up mad steezy ski trips for kids..when I was a little kid..my Dad hardly played golf..

One thing is that nobody in this thread has said they regret having kids...thanks for all the replys so far..it's definitely interesting..

That's because no one in this thread regrets having kids! Even if they did when the kids first arrived, watching your child grow and mature, and learning to put someone else before all your needs, changes you and your perspective on life. Materialistic pursuits no longer head your list of important things in your life (a good thing). You grow as a human being in ways you never dreamed of. I've always liked the saying, "my child is my greatest teacher", because my children have taught me things about myself that I would have never learned otherwise.

Greg

Staff member
That's because no one in this thread regrets having kids! Even if they did when the kids first arrived, watching your child grow and mature, and learning to put someone else before all your needs, changes you and your perspective on life. Materialistic pursuits no longer head your list of important things in your life (a good thing). You grow as a human being in ways you never dreamed of. I've always liked the saying, "my child is my greatest teacher", because my children have taught me things about myself that I would have never learned otherwise.

+1

For sure...it's very rewarding for my Dad to see me help grow the family business. I mostly cause my Mom stress but she just wants me to settle down. Alot of the guys at the local bar have kids and they spend more time talking about their kids than themselves. The good thing about being a man is that if I want to have kids in my late thirties or 40s it's fine..by then hopefully I'll have the money and maturity for it. I've always been kind of a late bloomer..

gorgonzola

3 kids
16 yo daughter - boarder
14 yo daughter - skier
10 yo son - skier/mtb'er (i think he even passed gss's smartstyle class!)

to those with the little ones with all the mooshy sentimental dribble about 'em, you may want to re-think that when they're teenagers! damn kids.....

naaaaah they're cool

campgottagopee

No kids here and no plans for them. Do have 2 labs that we treat as our kids. They don't ski but really enjoy sledding.

Warp Daddy

061206_article_nytv.jpg

LMAO -----------Cris Hansen GREW up across the street from us when we lived in Canton NY in mid- late sixties

Our daughter now 42 yrs old PLAYED with Chris and his brother Richie when they were little kids we still have photos of that and laff about it---------------------they moved away bcuz his dad was with Corning and went to a new facility Corning opened , they ended up back in Michigan where they were originally from -- Small world

powderman

LMAO -----------Cris Hansen GREW up across the street from us when we lived in Canton NY in mid- late sixties

Our daughter now 42 yrs old PLAYED with Chris and his brother Richie when they were little kids we still have photos of that and laff about it---------------------they moved away bcuz his dad was with Corning and went to a new facility Corning opened , they ended up back in Michigan where they were originally from -- Small world

Sweet! To Catch a Predator is one of my favorite TV shows

i was in a bar last week and met a girl that said she was a born again virgin. so i asked her for how long ans she said she had slipped so it had only been a few days. i shot a little beer out my nose.

Ahahahaha..I just love the term Born Again Virgin..always good for a chuckle....I like telling girls at the bar that I don't give it up that easily...:spin:

krisskis

Im 41...have a 15 yr old son and a soon to be 11 yr old daughter. Both skiers, both started skiing at 2 1/2 yrs old. And like Trek said, i tell people i actually have 3 kids...but one is 42 yrs old. :)

My kids are the best thing that has come out of my marriage and the best thing thats happened to me. Such a joy to watch them grow and mature...somewhat :)...and i hope to hell they take care of my ass when im old and decrepit!!

Moe Ghoul

Im 41...have a 15 yr old son and a soon to be 11 yr old daughter. Both skiers, both started skiing at 2 1/2 yrs old. And like Trek said, i tell people i actually have 3 kids...but one is 42 yrs old. :)

My kids are the best thing that has come out of my marriage and the best thing thats happened to me. Such a joy to watch them grow and mature...somewhat :)...and i hope to hell they take care of my ass when im old and decrepit!!

When yer Old and decripit? Geez they're only going to be 16 and 12 next year, that's asking an awful lot from a coupla youngsters. :flame: