• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does anyone think there will be decent skiing at Loon or Waterville Valley

DefJef

this weekend? (Thanksgiving?). I'm visiting Boston from Virginia, and was thinking of bringing skiis. Should I bother?

Vortex

Bring them if they are rock boards. I went by Loon yesterday after a few runs at Sunday River and decided not to go out. Light mist and just lower picked rock to Gov Adams lodge open.
Doing the best they can, but fighting a tough battle. I'll be there wed through Sun Just to get out for a few runs. Babe's was open with new chairs. silver lining.......
They are real close to opening the top up just 1 night of snow amaking and we might make it. Also a couple more bad days and it ain't going to be good. :-?
Waterville has fireworks Sat night, that something. Just high country open there. With a beginner trail at bottom.

sledhaulingmedic

Forecast looks bleak: Rain on Wednesday, even up North. We need some cold weather again to get things headed in the right direction.

riverc0il

Website
www.thesnowway.com
DefJef, what do you define as being 'decent'? from the reports i've seen, i don't think there has been much decent skiing except at killington and even they are really limited and hurting. if you're driving up and have room, toss the in just in case you get the urge, but it's probably not worth it. if you're flying, definitely don't bother - it's really not worth it considering it's only gonna get worse this week with NCP before it gets better.

DJ Bring your boots and if you find your self in need of a ski fix. Demo or rent. Why Trash your own skis?
I for one thing that if the temps drop Loon and or WVV ill make an effort to recover all skiing surfaces.
Pray for snow!
Paul

Greg

Staff member
Charlie Schuessler said:
I thought the trail conditions on Sunday were very good...but that's me.
Trust me. Charlie will ski on anything and have a big grin on his face.

Anyway, go skiing DefJef. You'll need to work off all that turkey somehow...

Charlie Schuessler

Greg said:
Trust me. Charlie will ski on anything and have a big grin on his face...

Seemingly a lifetime ago, back when Killington used to operate into JUNE, for a change of pace, we would ski the wet grass when the lifts were still running...It was FUN!!! :D

JimG.

Staff member
Charlie Schuessler said:
Seemingly a lifetime ago, back when Killington used to operate into JUNE, for a change of pace, we would ski the wet grass when the lifts were still running...It was FUN!!! :D

Ovation was always good for some grass skiing. I also remember spending a day straightlining the grass under the Superstar lift on the flat part of the run just to save my legs for the Upper and Lower Headwall sections.

Making turns on grass is an art.