• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Does Ski School Ever Sell Out?

Zermatt

I know the resort would love to have me book and pay for my kid's ski school as early as possible but considering weather, kids getting sick, etc. I'd really rather wait until the day of or at least the night before to book my kid's lessons.

In reality, do these kids programs ever get totally booked?

As for details. We are going to be skiing at Pico the week after Christmas (m-f) and would like to put the kids in the 5 and 7 year old full day program for at least a few days. We have season passes so the lift tickets are not an issue, but just not sure I can commit right to pre-booking the ski school, especially with some rain storms in the long range (fingers crossed those don't verify).

I call Killington they won't give me a straight answer about selling out. Anybody know what their cancellation policy is for lessons? i don't mind taking a credit.

ski&soccermom

Ski school definitely sells out - especially Christmas week. IF the weather is terrible though, I think pretty much everyplace will give you a credit to be used that winter at the same mountain as long as you cancel in advance something on Pico's website said 48 hours in advance, but I would call them to confirm. (for ski school only - the credit usually isn't transferable to the retail stores or restaurants).

mbedle

CANCELLATION POLICY
Lesson reservations are charged in full at the time of booking and are non-refundable. Cancellations and changes in advance of 2 days prior to the lesson start date will be accommodated. Cancellations and changes within 2 days of the lesson start date will incur a $25 cancellation or change fee with remaining balance applied to a Killington gift card. Cancellations on the day of the lesson will result in full forfeiture. Please call 1-800-923-9444 for changes or cancellations.

We realize that weather and snow conditions may vary, however if the resort is open for skiing/riding we will be providing lessons as scheduled, there are no refunds or cancellations due to these events. Thank you for your understanding.

Zermatt

Thanks, looks like I will pre-book, just not quite yet.

Their cancellation policy isn't very forgiving for young kids. Doesn't phase me, but if my 5 year old ate a bad Christmas cookie the day before....

drjeff

During holiday weeks/weekends, yes they sure can sell out!

I heard many people with their kids who showed up without reservations turned away from the various kids programs at Mount Snow during Christmas week, MLK weekend, Presidents week and ocassionally some other mid winter weekends as I was dropping my kids off when they were younger.

Most of the time, with a last minute cancellation they would give a voucher, not a refund, for a future day of whatever program the child was signed up for that day should they need to cancel, typically with a 1yr expiration date on the voucher

joshua segal

Website
skikabbalah.com
At Crotched Mtn., when the school buses start rolling in on weekday afternoons, no lessons are available to the public. We just don't have enough staff.

And the Radical program (half-day and all-day programs for kids), you'd be wise to make a reservation on weekends and holiday weeks.

BushMogulMaster

Industry Rep
Industry Rep
The week after Christmas is one of the very busiest (if not THE busiest) of the ski season for most resorts. Ski School can, does, and will sell out. Pre-book is my advice.