• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Sign the waiver, get a discount.

jaytrem

Anybody else come across this yet? I just booked a ticket for Willamette Pass, $14 if you sign the waiver, $64 if you don't. I think a number of other places are doing it also. I know last year I was required to sign a waiver at a bunch of Midwest places. No waiver, no skiing! Haven't seen anything like this in the East yet. Coming soon???

As for the $14 lift ticket. Wow that's a cheap one, and my k ids get to ski for free with their Power Kids Pass. $4.66 per person. I'll be sure to buy some food and maybe some souvenirs.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Doubt that’ll happen here. Areas are probably afraid they’d scare off business. They’re content to keep gouging what the market can bear.

crystalmountainskier

Laws vary dramatically by state. Oregon has more waivers because its laws don't protect ski resorts as in other states.