• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Dude ranch

SkiFanE

Decided to take family vacation in June to a dude ranch out west. I've spent time crawling the web but seeking advice. Maybe OT but people here seem to have lots of experience out there. And are outdoorsy. I don't need a spa but expect comfy and clean and lots of views and outdoor activities.

So far I'm leaning towards Teton WY area. But haven't searched Utah or CA or much beyond MT and WY. So far it seems CO may be more extreme In the horseback riding area - would want more mellow riding. Having mountain biking would be a plus for me - kids would probably like to get off ranch now and then - so don't want to be hours from civilization either.

Will take any and all advice from those who have done this before. Happy Trails.

2Planker

Decided to take family vacation in June to a dude ranch out west. I've spent time crawling the web but seeking advice. Maybe OT but people here seem to have lots of experience out there. And are outdoorsy. I don't need a spa but expect comfy and clean and lots of views and outdoor activities.

So far I'm leaning towards Teton WY area. But haven't searched Utah or CA or much beyond MT and WY. So far it seems CO may be more extreme In the horseback riding area - would want more mellow riding. Having mountain biking would be a plus for me - kids would probably like to get off ranch now and then - so don't want to be hours from civilization either.

Will take any and all advice from those who have done this before. Happy Trails.

WTF does this have to do w/ Skiing & Riding ??

JDMRoma

WTF does this have to do w/ Skiing & Riding ??

Second line of her post was this is Off Topic So lighten the Fuck up Francis ! Its a question ! if you dont like it dont Read it.
Dont be a DBag..........

djd66

Second line of her post was this is Off Topic So lighten the Fuck up Francis ! Its a question ! if you dont like it dont Read it.
Dont be a DBag..........

Seriously - what is it with some of the D-bags on this board?? I bet half of them can't even ski!

crank

Around 30 years ago I was working on film crew round Moab, UT and we spent a couple of days shooting at a dude ranch. I have no idea of the name of the place or even if it still exists, but great mountain biking, off roading (we rented 3 wheelers one day), hiking in Arches National Park, Rafting on the Colorado River.

Only thing is I was there in May and it was getting pretty hot out towards the end of the month. Due to that you may want to stick with WY.