• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Early thoughts on the World Series 2011

Trekchick

True story.....
Phil and I were out shopping for snow tires for Phil's car. We stopped at Sam's club to get some household essentials and Phil(as usual) was mesmerized by the shiny object that are conveniently placed near the entrance (good marketing on Sam's part)
307112_10150832859520018_830505017_20719459_1672461693_n.jpg

I urge Phil to walk away from the shiny objects unless or until he's ready to buy, which is when he says(with a tone of sarcasm in his voice) "If the Tigers beat the Yankees Thursday night we'll get the new TV"
At this point, a man who is standing near by bursts out laughing :LOL:
Seriously, this guy is cracking up!

Last night the Tigers took the Yankees.........quite honestly the game was a nail biter!...........and Phil says,..." lets wait on the TV".

I'm beginning to think he didn't think the Tigers could pull it off. He's in sooooooo much trouble!

Mapnut

I could blame the Red Sox for the Yankees' failure, if blame is the right word. The Sox faded so fast that the Yankees were under no pressure in September, thus entered the post-season flat.

Geoff

True story.....
Phil and I were out shopping for snow tires for Phil's car. We stopped at Sam's club to get some household essentials and Phil(as usual) was mesmerized by the shiny object that are conveniently placed near the entrance (good marketing on Sam's part)
307112_10150832859520018_830505017_20719459_1672461693_n.jpg

I urge Phil to walk away from the shiny objects unless or until he's ready to buy, which is when he says(with a tone of sarcasm in his voice) "If the Tigers beat the Yankees Thursday night we'll get the new TV"
At this point, a man who is standing near by bursts out laughing :LOL:
Seriously, this guy is cracking up!

Last night the Tigers took the Yankees.........quite honestly the game was a nail biter!...........and Phil says,..." lets wait on the TV".

I'm beginning to think he didn't think the Tigers could pull it off. He's in sooooooo much trouble!

I bought a big tube TV for the Patriots-Packers Super Bowl game in 1997. The Patriots lost. I think it's bad luck to buy a TV for a game.

JimG.

Staff member
Rangers-Phils with Texas winning in 7 games.

I liked the Ray's chances but Texas took it to them.

Almost glad the Yanks are gone...couldn't take another year of them losing to the Rangers.

Trekchick

First of all, no TV......yet!

We watched the Phillies game last night with much anticipation and went to bed a little let down. Both teams played well but the Cards really pulled it out.

C'mon - one run in the first inning and then nothing.......:?:

So, our house will not be divided.

Go Tigers!!!