• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Easter week four day skiing trip....recommendations for best snow?

gores95

Hey guys had a trip planned with 12 year old daughter to Mammoth and Squaw over Easter week but due to low snow we are not going. I think staying in the NE this year makes sense. Was thinking about Killington or possibly Sugarbush or Stowe. Don't want to drive that far (so no Maine). Any recommendations who would have the best conditions the first week of April? Thanks.

BenedictGomez

Jay Peak, Smuggs, or Stowe.

Northern Vermont >>>> Central Vermont and Southern Vermont for lasting conditions.

Bumpsis

I'd just pay close attention to the trail count in ski reports. Most resorts still have really good cover, so you won't have to go way up north. But with today's and tomorrow's rains, there will be some snow loss, especially on natural cover slopes. I'd be more concerned about having to deal with icy slopes.

This weekend things will freeze up again, and next week, it's a mixed bag, some snow some rain. Temperatures below and above freezing. I'd say, just pay close attention to the weather. Sun and warmer temperatures are actually the best prognosis for good ski surfaces out there.

gores95

So we narrowed it down to either Stowe (with a day at Jay) or Killington. NH and Maine a little too far. Leaving Saturday and skiing three, maybe four days. Any K vs. Stowe thoughts condition wise? Both seem pretty similar at this point. Thanks!

elks

I was at Jay Sunday-Tuesday. Mid-winter conditions. No mashed potatoes or melting even at base. Jay Peak was amazing yesterday. Lots of snow showers over weekend and Monday and then a decent dump (4-6 inches) Monday night. I was still finding powder in the woods at 3:30 yesterday!