• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Edge repair...

Tin

So I was able to fix a blown out edge under my foot with small screws and marine epoxy now I'm just curious if I should have the edge on the inside or outside when skiing. I've read different things on different forums. Thanks

Rambo

I say, definately keep the repaired edge on the OUTSIDE! The inside edges are the dominat turning edges.

Tin

Thanks.

I've learned how easy it is to use JB Weld and ptex. It will save a ton in the future.

goldsbar

Outside per Rambo since the outside edge doesn't really do much. But, if this is some day you're going to venture into the woods a lot or go down thing cover frequently, inside as there's no reason to ruin a good edge.

snowmonster

I'd just use the repaired edge on the outside. In most conditions, you're just about skating on the inside edge. I'd like to have as much control and predictability in my skiing. Even in the woods, you want to rely on the inside edge since you're invariably pivoting and turning on that edge.

fbrissette

So I was able to fix a blown out edge under my foot with small screws and marine epoxy now I'm just curious if I should have the edge on the inside or outside when skiing. I've read different things on different forums. Thanks

Pics ? I used to do home made repairs a long time ago but nevar had much success with blown edges.

Savemeasammy

Outside per Rambo since the outside edge doesn't really do much. But, if this is some day you're going to venture into the woods a lot or go down thing cover frequently, inside as there's no reason to ruin a good edge.

That's not a bad idea to swap your skis around if you venture into some sketchy stuff. Put that repaired edge on the inside so that those unintentional natural stone grinds aren't such a bummer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk